News   Sep 23, 2021
 185     1 
News   Sep 23, 2021
 945     1 
News   Sep 23, 2021
 523     0 

Yonge-Dundas Square (Brown + Storey Architects)

Johnny Au

Member Bio
Reaction score
Near the North York, York, & Old Toronto tripoint
I took the liberty of adding one word to your spot-on post.
No doubt about it. There's a huge difference between free speech and hate speech.

To the homophobic preachers with megaphones, you will get much better reception in Oklahoma City or Salt Lake City. Doing so on Dundas Square will attract knuckle sandwiches from those who are more tolerant. The truly tolerant must not tolerate the intolerant.

Last edited:

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
No doubt about it. There's a huge difference between free speech and hate speech.

To the homophobic preachers with megaphones, you will get much better reception in Oklahoma City of Salt Lake City. Doing so on Dundas Square will attract knuckle sandwiches from those who are more tolerant. The truly tolerant must not tolerate the intolerant.
I don't think that is the reason to ban loadspeakers. It is noise pollution regardless of the content of the message.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Enough. This has gone beyond ridiculous. Any further posts on this will be deleted, and some previous may be deleted too.

Sorry for biting that then. >.<

(...in all seriousness though, I shouldn't of gone there at all with that...no matter how tempting the troll is. My apologies. /bows )