News   Mar 28, 2024
 44     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 153     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 242     0 

Woman in White on a Bridge over the DVP

There's a woman in white who is always seen in the Yorkville area. She's of a certain age, shorter and is always head to toe in white/cream, including stocking and shoes, even after Labour Day. Not the same person, huh?

The Queen Of Sweden! Yes - I used to see her around the Church and Wellesley area. Great picture, thanks for posting.

As for the woman in white, she claimed that she was "blessing" the people driving.

My mom was telling me about a woman who used to dress in white and appear on a bridge every now and then over the Don Valley. I'm not sure what bridge - it might have been the Viaduct, or perhaps one north of there. Has anyone ever heard of this woman?

I lived at 95 Havenbrook Blvd for 15 yrs. As a child, I remember a white lady standing on Don Mills Rd. (and 401) on many occasions throughout the years. She would stand there with what looked like a long cane in one hand. Normally she would be holding up her hand and as people drove by on the 401, they would honk at her. My balcony faced the 401, so I had a perfect vantage point (seen below).

Havenbrook1.jpg

The lady in the photo posted is definitely not her. I guess you guys are talking about another "white lady".

Since this thread has been revived, I thought I would mention a couple of the interesting uptown fixtures I used to see growing up. There was a guy that would stand at the corner of Bathurst and Wilson who looked a lot like a 1990s-era Michael Jackson. He would stand and wave with a single white glove at every car that passed. The guy disappeared for several years and then resurfaced in the late 2000s only to disappear again. He was kind of like a less threatening Zanta (if you don't know who Zanta is then just don't even bother wasting your time on google).

The other character was the notorious Yonge and Eglinton "Eyebrow Lady". I am sure anyone who has ever seen her will need no further description, but for those that don't, she is/was an elderly woman who could often be found wandering Eglinton East between Yonge and Redpath. She had massive painted on eyebrows that probably stretched upwards of 1.5 inches towards her hairline, and she could always be seen smoking 100 length cigarettes through a classic style holder. I never had any exchanges with her, but there were always unverified "friend of a friend" stories about her that were probably nothing more than just high school gossip from the halls of Northern Secondary.

It was always evident that both of these individuals had mental health issues, and hopefully someone stepped in and got them some help because I haven't seen either one in years.

Then there's the Lady in White of Yorkville. She's a round, petite woman of a certain age, always wearing the same or similar things - head to toe in white. I see her quite often! She's not threatening at all, just INTERESTING.

I'm familiar with the Yorkville lady in white. And it appears that she has MONEY. Anytime I ever see her she's carrying a shopping bag from Chanel, or a similar store in the Yorkville area. Every single time!

I'm familiar with the Yorkville lady in white. And it appears that she has MONEY. Anytime I ever see her she's carrying a shopping bag from Chanel, or a similar store in the Yorkville area. Every single time!

The Sun has published exposés over the years about "Shaky Lady", "Sticker Lady" aka "Commuter Beggar" with titles like, "T.O.'s Richest Bag Lady?"

Even the Financial Post, "A common fear harboured by Baby Boomer women is of becoming destitute bag ladies in old age."

Last edited:
The Yorkville lady in white isn't a "bag lady" / beggar. She is just an eccentric looking resident of the area that I always see walking along Bloor.

Back