News   Sep 26, 2024
 598     0 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.2K     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 706     0 

Why is Toronto a dark grey black shade?

• Thread starter Why is Toronto a dark grey black shade?
  • Start date
W

Why is Toronto a dark grey black shade?

Im just curious to why there is a patteren in toronto for people to dress in dark colours , alot of black. If you notice peoples clothing in other cities like New york for example theres people dressed in brighter colours, Atlanta is on the complete opposite end of Toronto ,they dress in very vibrant bright colours, so help me out here ,why do many Torontonians prefer black?

some colour

If we alter the landscape of Toronto and add more colour will that effect the collective consiousness of some Torontoians?
Add some colour, some spice, some freindlyness to our enviroment , that would be cool.

Re: some colour

Darker colours are more resistant to dirt and takes less work to maintain and/or look good in.

Re: some colour

I've noticed that, but only during the winter. I guess people wear black then because black absorbs more heat. During the summer people tend to wear brighter colours, even in Toronto.

I personally don't like to wear black. Outside of formal dress clothes, I think I only have one black sweater and a pair of black pants.

Most business people seem to have the long black coat.

This picture illistrates the point
71434472_f94a288a24_b.jpg

I don't see a problem with it actually.

to much of one thing

I own black clothing myself but i think if a city has too much dark shades, bland grey in its cityscape ,buildings,people ,ect. i think it deadens the imagination , grey mono cityscapes with no colour can effect your mood and the feel of a city making it look less interesting. They even joked about that on the Simpsons remeber when the simpson went to Toronto. Im not saying grey is always bad, grey can look good its just when theres an overwelming amount of greyness it just gets boring and dreary.

Re: to much of one thing

I wear black on the outside,
because black is how I feel on the inside

They're not even allowed to express their individuality through the colour of the curtains in their condos, so they certainly won't do so through the colour of their clothes. They avoid forbidden colours and stick to "basic black".

next time anyone is in Montreal, take a look, you thought Torontonians wore a lot of black. It's the whole euro-trash thing.

Doesn't Libeskind wear nothing but black?

libeskindfl7.jpg

Back