News   Apr 24, 2024
 453     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 633     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 506     0 

why do I have to register again all the time today?

A

Are Be

I've got some wacky regestration thing happening- I can't edit, and I have to re -register evry time I post ?! Me? My Machine? the internet> EZ BOARD?

Maybe someone is trying to get rid of you, or something. *wink*

Have you disabled cookies in your browser settings?
It ain't cookies, it ain't uBlock specific. Running on Ubuntu 18.04, it's *browser specific*. Chromium is jinxed for Skycities, won't retain or possibly exchange the right cookie, I've signed in and reset password God knows how many times. It recognizes my eml addy, it recognizes my forum name (won't let me register as "that name is already in use") but it runs no problem in Firefox. Stealth mode in either browser with or w/o uBlock makes no difference to each. Once a new password is entered (and I've erased the old one before retaining the new one) the session is fine, until dropping the cookie and returning later. No can do....

I'm going to try with Brave, albeit Brave is notorious (and desired) in having minimal instructions and interactions and see what happens.

I'll post an update later

The way either browser interacts with the OS firewall might be an issue, but sure as hell I'm not dropping that, even running Linux.

Edit: Logged in fine with Brave. Brave might be accessing the other browsers' cache though.

Going to clear the deck and see if the cookie persists.

Second Edit: There's so many things to like about Brave. Not only auto logged in, it goes right to the url last entered. And it gets there in a fraction of the time Chrome or FF takes. In all fairness, I may have both those browsers carrying a lot of bloat. uBlock alone will slog things down. Brave doesn't need a blocker, it just doesn't load bloat from the server.

@Are Be (hmm, that didn't link, maybe because you're a "guest") maybe Brave chooses not to...whatever, what OS and browser are you using?

So far, I'm identifying Chromium as my weak link.

Brave is looking good, but also caches previous posts, so I'll update this later once I get a fresh load from the UT server.

OK. Brave *as best as I can tell* (it automatically opens previous links, and possibly the needed cookie with it/them) is fully tethered to log-in data. Unfortunately I can't navigate my way around the SkyCities site (like many, it's not intuitive) to find the clone to this forum there, or I'd post this update there to really check cross-platform compatibility.

So far, Chromium appears the only culprit, and truth be told, some odd things are happening after the last Chromium update that aren't reading/using RAM properly, and crashing the browser. Fortunately, it's just the browser that goes down, not the system. Kinda concerning, it's a vulnerability when dynamic memory crashes like that...

I'm tempted to do a wipe clean and fresh load of Chromium for other issues, will see what happens with this issue, and report back here.

Last edited:
It ain't cookies, it ain't uBlock specific. Running on Ubuntu 18.04, it's *browser specific*. Chromium is jinxed for Skycities, won't retain or possibly exchange the right cookie, I've signed in and reset password God knows how many times. It recognizes my eml addy, it recognizes my forum name (won't let me register as "that name is already in use") but it runs no problem in Firefox. Stealth mode in either browser with or w/o uBlock makes no difference to each. Once a new password is entered (and I've erased the old one before retaining the new one) the session is fine, until dropping the cookie and returning later. No can do....

I'm going to try with Brave, albeit Brave is notorious (and desired) in having minimal instructions and interactions and see what happens.

I'll post an update later

The way either browser interacts with the OS firewall might be an issue, but sure as hell I'm not dropping that, even running Linux.

Edit: Logged in fine with Brave. Brave might be accessing the other browsers' cache though.

Going to clear the deck and see if the cookie persists.

Second Edit: There's so many things to like about Brave. Not only auto logged in, it goes right to the url last entered. And it gets there in a fraction of the time Chrome or FF takes. In all fairness, I may have both those browsers carrying a lot of bloat. uBlock alone will slog things down. Brave doesn't need a blocker, it just doesn't load bloat from the server.

@Are Be (hmm, that didn't link, maybe because you're a "guest") maybe Brave chooses not to...whatever, what OS and browser are you using?

So far, I'm identifying Chromium as my weak link.

Brave is looking good, but also caches previous posts, so I'll update this later once I get a fresh load from the UT server.

OK. Brave *as best as I can tell* (it automatically opens previous links, and possibly the needed cookie with it/them) is fully tethered to log-in data. Unfortunately I can't navigate my way around the SkyCities site (like many, it's not intuitive) to find the clone to this forum there, or I'd post this update there to really check cross-platform compatibility.

So far, Chromium appears the only culprit, and truth be told, some odd things are happening after the last Chromium update that aren't reading/using RAM properly, and crashing the browser. Fortunately, it's just the browser that goes down, not the system. Kinda concerning, it's a vulnerability when dynamic memory crashes like that...

I'm tempted to do a wipe clean and fresh load of Chromium for other issues, will see what happens with this issue, and report back here.

You do realize that the post you responded to is from Aug 2002, right?

You do realize that the post you responded to is from Aug 2002, right?
lol...no I didn't! But reading up on Chromium it seems their problems for being RAM gluttons has been going on for some time.

I ended up here out of desperation of finding a feedback string on the Skycities site. It's not a great experience having to bounce back and forth between the two sites, especially when the data base isn't fully merged.

Oh, and my time machine...got to recharge the batteries as the flux capacitor is getting leaky...

Back