News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 622     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 902     0 

Who would you like to see win the 2016 US election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Canada and the rest of the world are better off when the US economy is strong (the US and Canada being the largest trading partners in the world).

Both Canada and the rest of the world are better off when the US economy is strong (the US and Canada being the largest trading partners in the world).

You are assuming the US economy under Trump will be worse than under Clinton (or Obama). I am not sure that's true. I don't think President Trump would do all the things he claims he would do, or able to do them even if he wants to.

Canada is no longer America's largest trading partner although America will be ours for any foreseeable future.

But in the end my bet is America will have Clinton, and if that's the case, that's probably what they deserve (no change whatsoever).

Nah, they deserve Trump. Let him embarrass the country for the whole world to see. Greatest nation my ass.

You are assuming the US economy under Trump will be worse than under Clinton (or Obama). I am not sure that's true. I don't think President Trump would do all the things he claims he would do, or able to do them even if he wants to.

Canada is no longer America's largest trading partner although America will be ours for any foreseeable future.

There are numerous economists from across the political spectrum who contend that the scant economic policies Trump has proposed would be a uniform disaster for both the US and global economies.

And China is a larger trading partner with the US only by some measures—by others, it's still Canada. Even in the case of the former, Canada is still #2 for the US.

What happens to the remaining primaries with only Trump left?

They'll continue as scheduled. Despite there being no more Republican candidates left other than Trump, he still doesn't yet have the minimum required number of bound delegates to win the nomination. Whatever happens, the nomination will become official only at the convention.

There are numerous economists from across the political spectrum who contend that the scant economic policies Trump has proposed would be a uniform disaster for both the US and global economies.

And China is a larger trading partner with the US only by some measures—by others, it's still Canada. Even in the case of the former, Canada is still #2 for the US.

yeah, the same economists who never predicted the subprime crisis? It is time to stop believing economists' forecast. It is like forecasting earthquakes.
As to #2, we will soon lose it to Mexico, too.

Nah, they deserve Trump. Let him embarrass the country for the whole world to see. Greatest nation my ass.

I honestly don't know which is worse, Clinton or Trump, probably Clinton.
Of course Trump is more "embarrassing" because he has a big mouth but that doesn't mean anything.
America ceases to be "great" a long time ago, and on that front Trump is 100% right.

So you ignore all the advice of all economists because a group of them failed to foresee something, once?

Also, it's not the job of most of those economists to unpack the nuances of collateralized debt obligations or some of the other similarly abstruse financial instruments that led to the near collapse of the financial system.

I honestly don't know which is worse, Clinton or Trump, probably Clinton.
Of course Trump is more "embarrassing" because he has a big mouth but that doesn't mean anything.
America ceases to be "great" a long time ago, and on that front Trump is 100% right.

Why would Clinton be worse?

So you ignore all the advice of all economists because a group of them failed to foresee something, once?

Also, it's not the job of most of those economists to unpack the nuances of collateralized debt obligations or some of the other similarly abstruse financial instruments that led to the near collapse of the financial system.

No, not a group of them failed. They collectively failed, like 99.99% of them. Not their job? I don't agree. and when even they can't understand the "products" and the associated risks, they should know there is a problem. And seriously, the economists shouldn't have raised red flags when banks offer 0% down payment and extremely loose lending practices? The root of the subprime crisis is not CDO or MBS or whatever. It is the housing market and the chain reactions. Many employees at Lehman Brothers or other banks knew it wouldn't last and the economists couldn't?

It is the economists' job to make all sorts of predictions. If one out of 10,000 happens to be right, this guy suddenly becomes a prophet or something, while nobody hold the others who failed responsible. So, what not keep making predictions? The truth is, and I can assure you that, the economists just have no idea. Who predicated the CAD is at 77 cents now? I do a finance job and back in 2009-2010, all our models uses 93 cents or above as the long term exchange rate projection. Seriously, the economists predicts the economy no better than you and me.

Additionally, you know the media hates Trump (or any right leaning politicians). Of course they will say most economists predict a disaster. They will say anything to stop Trump.

Why would Clinton be worse?

Because she represents everything that is wrong with present day America, and she and people like her are the reason why America is not "great" any more.
Unfortunately, the non-whites and poorly educated Americans in the south are all rooting for this lying hypocrite, and I feel sorry for their lack of intelligence and judgment. In the end, America deserves the choice it makes.

No, not a group of them failed. They collectively failed, like 99.99% of them. Not their job? I don't agree. and when even they can't understand the "products" and the associated risks, they should know there is a problem. And seriously, the economists shouldn't have raised red flags when banks offer 0% down payment and extremely loose lending practices? The root of the subprime crisis is not CDO or MBS or whatever. It is the housing market and the chain reactions. Many employees at Lehman Brothers or other banks knew it wouldn't last and the economists couldn't?

It is the economists' job to make all sorts of predictions. If one out of 10,000 happens to be right, this guy suddenly becomes a prophet or something, while nobody hold the others who failed responsible. So, what not keep making predictions? The truth is, and I can assure you that, the economists just have no idea. Who predicated the CAD is at 77 cents now? I do a finance job and back in 2009-2010, all our models uses 93 cents or above as the long term exchange rate projection. Seriously, the economists predicts the economy no better than you and me.

Additionally, you know the media hates Trump (or any right leaning politicians). Of course they will say most economists predict a disaster. They will say anything to stop Trump.

"The media hates...all right leaning politicians" is a ridiculous statement. Take any given 90 second out of your day to watch Fox News or read the Wall St. Journal and you'll find literally the polar opposite.

And, for the record, I also worked on Bay St. (even though that has no bearing on the existence or non-existence of any particular report) and could present you with any number of predictions of a low Canadian dollar both at that time or in the intervening period. It's simply untrue that no one predicted such a fall.

Similarly, many did predict that the US housing market would come crashing down.

In any event, contending that all predictions of Trump—or any politician's—policies are potentially ruinous because a group of experts got one thing wrong, once (or even many things wrong many times) is a logical fallacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back