News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Which supermarket do you primarily do your groceries at?

Pick a supermarket, any supermarket...

• Food Basics

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Fortinos

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Loblaws

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Metro

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • No Frills

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Price Chopper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sobeys

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Superstore

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • T&T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Highland Farms, Longo's, Pusateri's, Whole Foods, Valu-mart, etc.)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
I think most people shop at the store(s) closest to them. I live within walking distance to three stores, so I'll go to whichever I feel like that day.

I think most people shop at the store(s) closest to them.

This. I'm really fond of Fiesta Farms, and try to shop regularly at farmers' markets/St Lawrence/Kensington, but I'm only a couple doors down from Whole Foods, so I just wind up there most of the time.

With poll results to now back up my statement, I reiterate that T&T is too much of a niche market to have its own polling option. With "other" as one of the most popular choices and T&T with 0 votes as of the time of this post, it seems that any of the supermarkets in the other category would have been better with their own voting option.

I do 85% of my shopping at Longo's in Maple Leaf Square mostly out of convenience since it's close and has great hours (7 am to 11 pm. 7 days a week). The other 15% is the odd trip to Loblaws, Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, No Frills (Taal is right, the Front St store is great) and Kensington for supplements/health foods (Tutti Frutti is the best).

I've yet to go to Fiesta Farms but have heard nothing but great things. I want to start going there and utilize more farmers markets too since I'm surrounded by them during summer (CityPlace, David Pecaut, SLM)

Loblaws Maple Leaf Gardens since its close. If I really want to save money, No Frills is worth the 10 minute walk.

Back