News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 589     0 

Where to get donairs?

I don't know how authentic it is to Halifax Donair but the food is good and the pita fresh.
North East corner of Eglinton and Caledonia. Babos

Last edited:
I would never eat a donair from a falafel or shwarma type place.

I looked at the pics of their "Halifax-style" donair, and well it looks nothing like one haha.

The only donair place I know of is in Milton, which I'd really like to try.

The greek place at church and wellesley (Yefsis) just started selling donairs. I haven't the foggiest if they're any good, but its not a falafel/schwarma type place, and they're three for a dime.

One of the outlets at Atrium on Bay (called "Olives" IIRC) sells Donairs. I had one... it was pretty good (real donair meat and sauce) but it was really overpriced for what is a simple wrap.

What Toronto really needs is Berlin-style döner kebabs.

3e20a_2009_07_15-doner.jpg

The greek place at church and wellesley (Yefsis) just started selling donairs. I haven't the foggiest if they're any good, but its not a falafel/schwarma type place, and they're three for a dime.

No Greek places either. None of those places know how to make them right. They usually throw on tzatziki sauce, and not donair sauce.

One of the outlets at Atrium on Bay (called "Olives" IIRC) sells Donairs. I had one... it was pretty good (real donair meat and sauce) but it was really overpriced for what is a simple wrap.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

I tried donair at College Falafel. It's good, certainly using donair sauce and not tzatziki

Back