News   Apr 25, 2024
 285     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 399     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 600     0 

When your home is listed for sale using MLS, how many and which sites will the listing be on?

dom rem

Member Bio
Reaction score
My real estate agent listed my home for sale as an MLS listing (Multiple Listing Service). Which real estate sites and how many of them must he list it with to be considered an MLS listing? Is it required for him to list my home using MLS on all of these real estate sites such as, Remax.ca, Century 21, Royal lapage, Realtor.ca, Mls.ca, Revel, Coldwell, Zolo, Yourhomeconnection, and others? Is it the same number/type of sites for every home for sale in Canada or USA using MLS or is it up to the real estate agent/company to decide what sites the listing will appear on? Or is this done automatically by the MLS system? How many sites will your MLS listing be on, 2 or 2000??? So far my listing is only on 4 real estate sites, Realtor.ca, Yourhomeconnection, Remaxabrealty.ca, and 1 other and I siigned the house for sale listing contract 14 days ago on Feb 1,

Last edited:
Realtor.ca is the MLS website. If you go to mls.ca you end up at the same site. I don't know why there are both unless one is a legacy address. I would also assume the listing would appear on your broker's corporate site (Remax, Royal, etc.). I don't know the others and what their source relationships are. For greatest certainty or clarity, read your listing agreement or ask your agent.

Back