News   Mar 28, 2024
 238     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 226     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 279     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Scheer was seen at Pearson without a mask. That is a violation of airport polity. Even Postmedia was critical!

As expected, Scheer denied not wearing a mask and defended his actions. Could he drag the party down any more?
Scheer: It's Trudeau's fault and Obama's fault for everything! Even COVID-19! Jair Bolsonaro is better and I hope he gets well to prove COVID-19 is just a little flu and that the left invented COVID-19 to distract us away from their insidious agendas such as the BLM movement.

Anyone with a brain: Scheer is no different from Bolsonaro in being a fool.

Conservative leadership debate in disarray after Lewis, MacKay back out

Jul 29, 2020

A new media organization's plan to host all four Conservative leadership candidates for a debate Wednesday was thrown into disarray when two of the contenders dropped out.

Leslyn Lewis announced hours before the event that her doctor had ordered her to stay away because she is battling an ear infection and has a fever, though she has tested negative for COVID-19.

Shortly after, Peter MacKay declared he wouldn't go either, saying it wouldn't be fair if only three of the four candidates were onstage, and called for the event to be rescheduled.

The event was organized by the newly formed Independent Press Gallery of Canada, run by Candice Malcolm, a conservative columnist and analyst.

The organization was set up this year, and journalists who wish to join must sign a declaration that they will not accept any government funding and sign onto a statement of journalistic ethics and principles.

Organizers decided to go forward with back-to-back "fireside chats" with the two remaining candidates, Erin O'Toole and Derek Sloan.

The "show must go on," Malcolm said in her opening remarks as she took a direct swipe at MacKay.

MacKay criticized for decision

Lewis is ill and organizers wish her well, Malcolm said, but MacKay, who lives in Toronto, made a choice.

"Leadership is about resiliency, courage and trust, and voters can judge for themselves what they think of Peter MacKay's last-minute decision to renege on his commitment and abandon this event," she said.

Derek Sloan going full Trump is both sad and amusing. I wonder how how constituents feel about him being their MP.

While I don’t support many of her policies I kind of want Lewis to win if only to watch her intellectual dismantle Trudeau and watch White senior Liberal politicians and progressive pundits preform contortions in an attempt to brand her as a bigot ;)

Wait for Trudeau to retire where the liberal party will implode as it does not really stand for anything.

Back