News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 790     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

I'm surprised the other boat driver was not charged with the same Careless operation.
Do we know if the other driver was killed, or was is passengers?

Well, since the other vessel operator was charged I'll take a wild guess that they are not dead. It makes jurisdiction problematic. I did not see anything about a 'permit operation' charge.

I don't know what the basis is for either charge is and little further will likely be released until trial. I though I read one account which said that the other (non O'Leary) vessel was not underway, but am not certain. If so, that might have factored into the decision since that would make the O'Leary vessel the give-way vessel. Being 'not undeway' still has navigation light requirements unless you at a charted anchorage.
Never fear, Eddie Greenspan will be on the case.

I hope cooler minds prevail in the Conservative caucus. This Wexit business needs to be ridiculed.

If not, I wonder if a split in the party may take place. It's not as if conservative politics doesn't exist in central and eastern Canada, it's just that the Albertan brand is not palatable here.

Frankly, this past election made me really frustrated that there was not a viable alternative to the right of Trudeau's Liberals to vote for.

With the Conservatives picking a new leader here’s a question: is it possible for a PM of Canada to come from the GTA?

For all the talk of political alienation in the West and Quebec I suspect that Ontario is one of the least represented areas political leadership-wise in Canada at the Federal level. In the last 70 years we had two PM’s representing Ontario ridings. Paul Martin for a few years representing Windsor and Pearson who represented I forget where but not this area of Ontario. The last election was contested by parties lead by two B.C. politicians, one Saskatchewan politician, and two from Quebec

The key to winning over Canadian voters is nice hair, good looks, and a famous last name.
Conservatives should choose Candice Bergen.

A party out of step with the times. What if Andrew Scheer wasn't the problem?

During his leadership campaign, Scheer embraced the idea that he was "Stephen Harper with a smile." He proceeded to live up to that notion; this fall, he ran on a reasonable facsimile of the Harper agenda, right down to the narrowly targeted tax credits. Scheer's tenure would be based on the idea that the Conservatives didn't need to change much of anything, except maybe their disposition.

He emphasized balancing the budget and he didn't bother to present a substantive plan to reduce Canada's greenhouse gas emissions. He didn't march in Pride parades and he reverted to Harper's position on abortion — that a Conservative government would oppose any attempt to restrict access, but Conservative backbenchers would be free to table anti-abortion legislation and motions.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-conservative-party-wherry-1.5394020

What do y'all think of Michael Chong? I don't have a good sense yet but he seems to be one of the more reasonable voices in Parliament. Scheer was not that reasonable voice, neither are Trudeau or Singh.

Back