News   Apr 23, 2024
 478     1 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 383     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

We have not had a major influx of refugees, but.
I don't think anyone denies that Trudeau's virtue signalling tweet that welcomed all to Canada is responsible for the influx of illegal migrants. And by the way, it also helped prevent us for solving the NAFTA uncertainty a lot sooner.

I don't think it is. I think certain immigration-related factors in the orange president's Kingdom have directly caused the influx of illegal migrants.

PS: Thanks for correcting my terminology.

Kenney is probably one of the 10 best ministers in the past 25 years.
Stephen Harper is the best PM in our lifetimes (some over 70 may debate this), and the most respected voice in Canada for the past 13 years.
agree about McKay.

So I'm shaking my head at your assessment of the first two blokes (let's be honest, Kenney is a mouth-foaming extremist) but then I get to your assessment of McKay and I start to nod approvingly with that dumb look I get on my face when I'm impressed with something (which is rare for this particular jaded old soul)....if that's also your take on that snake McKay, then I think we can be friends.

First though, you have to admit that Douglas Ford is a joke.

Kenney is probably one of the 10 best ministers in the past 25 years.
Stephen Harper is the best PM in our lifetimes (some over 70 may debate this), and the most respected voice in Canada for the past 13 years.
agree about McKay.

#ConTalkingPoints

Most respected voice... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One of the elements of contemporary Conservatism that bothers me is this kind of anti-democratic reflex.

Democracy is a system of checks, balances, and norms that generally non-violently resists absolute power. But somehow a lot of Conservatives are into democracy weakening policy and theory for reasons that escape me.

Scheer is weak as f__k. Say what you will about Harper's micromanaging ways but this would never have been allowed to happen under his leadership.

Leitch would fit right in and it's not like Bernier has a lot to choose from.
Interesting.

Why is that, do you think?

I reckon she wouldn't fit in at all, unless the whole experiment goes the way I hope it won't, but could.

Back