News   Apr 18, 2024
 683     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

What's the future for the Conservative Party?

Conservatives increased immigration to near record levels - but they did it in a rational and measured fashion - and that's why those immigrants (and refugees) who came here legally think that Trudeau is a fool
No no no no no. Majority of immigrants tend to vote conservative because they tend to have adopted social conservative/regressive values. Nothing to do with rationality etc.

I mean he isn't wrong.

Bernier's outburst has as much to do about Trudeau's grandstanding on multiculturalism as Scheer's reaction to it.

As a matter of principle, when @BurlOak posts, he's wrong. Personally, I blame Trudeau! :D

Some delegates upset because the CPC won’t get to the supply management proposal. One guy yells that he’s leaving the party. #CPC18

The CPC is sticking with supply management. Several delegates are quite upset and claim to be done with the party.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know when Trudeau announced immigration would increase from roughly 300,000 to 450,000 annually. Was this when I was on holiday?
1st link I found.
Canada to admit 340,000 immigrants a year by 2020
At 340,000 people, the increase by 2020 represents the highest intake since before the First World War, though it stops short of the 450,000 target suggested by the government's economic advisory council in a report last year.

To me it looks like Trudeau has gone rogue, increase the number of illegal border crossers from likely a few hundred to tens of thousands. Then Trudeau announces he will increase Canada's immigration by 50% without any coherent plan. Seeing this and watching the press not even question Trudeau's motives or rationale caused Maxime to blow a gasket. Conservatives increased immigration to near record levels - but they did it in a rational and measured fashion - and that's why those immigrants (and refugees) who came here legally think that Trudeau is a fool. Maxime was upset that Sheer did not call out Trudeau on his reckless bahaviour. Sheer decided to remain calm and stay to the centre side of Trudeau's extreme left position, and not dare to venture anywhere right of there.

What?

*rubs eyes frantically in hopes of clearer vision*....nope, still can't make sense of this

Trudeau caused the influx of refugees?

For sure. Every time it rains it's because I willed it to rain. Remember that.

I suggest the Red Pill Alliance.
hahaha, nice

I suggest Freedom Front +

Shit, no, that's already taken in South Africa.

Libertarian +

Why doesn't he just take over the Libertarian Party? I'm starting to think he's a libertarian phoney. Though he still seems to be keeping the dream alive. He would be a true liberal, at the very least, if he wasn't whinging about the level of immigration.

Seems like a personal project so maybe it should be named after him. There is precedence: there was (is, even still, I think) a Czech political party named after the current president. It was, like the president, super lame and full of wankers.

Last edited:
In my mind Conservativism in Canada should strive to uphold the fundamental principles of confederation, namely peace, order, and good government.

I think that thought basically makes me a freaky laboratory experiment gone wrong in the minds of our contemporary political strategists.

hahaha, nice

I suggest Freedom Front +

Shit, no, that's already taken in South Africa.

Libertarian +

Why doesn't he just take over the Libertarian Party? I'm starting to think he's a libertarian phoney. Though he still seems to be keeping the dream alive. He would be a true liberal, at the very least, if he wasn't whinging about the level of immigration.

Seems like a personal project so maybe it should be named after him. There is precedence: there was (is, even still, I think) a Czech political party named after the current president. It was, like the president, super lame and full of wankers.

The Beauce Boyz?

Everyone from Stephen Harper to Jason Kenney is bashing him now. Peter McKay had something to say as well, but he is a PC traitor.

The Beauce Boyz?

Everyone from Stephen Harper to Jason Kenney is bashing him now. Peter McKay had something to say as well, but he is a PC traitor.

McKay is a lying, backstabbing wank.
Kenney's opinion is irrelevant.
Harper needs to go back in hiding.

The Beauce Boyz shall prevail over those three.

What?

*rubs eyes frantically in hopes of clearer vision*....nope, still can't make sense of this

Trudeau caused the influx of refugees?

For sure. Every time it rains it's because I willed it to rain. Remember that.
We have not had a major influx of refugees, but.
I don't think anyone denies that Trudeau's virtue signalling tweet that welcomed all to Canada is responsible for the influx of illegal migrants. And by the way, it also helped prevent us for solving the NAFTA uncertainty a lot sooner.

McKay is a lying, backstabbing wank.
Kenney's opinion is irrelevant.
Harper needs to go back in hiding.

The Beauce Boyz shall prevail over those three.
Kenney is probably one of the 10 best ministers in the past 25 years.
Stephen Harper is the best PM in our lifetimes (some over 70 may debate this), and the most respected voice in Canada for the past 13 years.
agree about McKay.

Back