241     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 595     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     2 

What would you like to see ?

B

billy corgan19982

What would you like to see on the Urban Toronto web site ?

Yes. a massive gallery is a must - I'll even contribute.

I'd also like to see a construction gallery where we'd have pics of just construction projects. Wouldn't it be nice to go back in time, say 10 years from now, and see a portfolio of Ritz construction pics? I could really get into this one since I much prefer to see buildings being built than the finished product. There's something about a building with a crane on it that gives me hope - you know - "just a few more floors and it will be even better", or "I hope it gets to be taller than the ones next to it".

The question is quite open-ended. I am not quite sure what the site is for or its mission. Without this info, its difficult to make a request as to what should be on it.

I love this forum and I hope this becomes of the site. Just don't do anything to forum!

CWK takes <!--EZCODE BOLD START--> THE BEST<!--EZCODE BOLD END--> pics of Toronto I have ever seen. He must be a member of Urban Toronto and I personally think he will create an excellent image gallery.

Well...thanks. I'm flattered. I am already a part of the u.t. team (in a volunteer-type position), so don't worry.

Links to other Toronto advocacy groups (eg. Rocketriders) and also to neighbourhood organizations (a few of them, like "ward19 - Bloor West / Swansea" are actually quite intelligent - not NIMBIEs). We should also get them to cross-link us. Spread the word.

An area listing city proposals that gives people the opportunity to post their views on them. If you can gather enough info about them you can use the info as a source of revenue (it's like market research for developers).

Lists of relevant ongoing city issues, and email links to the associated politicians. I'd write one email a day, to somebody or other.

promo stickers, t-shirts and posters of TO buildings say top 100,

I would like to see a site that delivers the latest up-to-date status on numerous tall/important/landmarks built/under constuction/proposed/approved/vision around town. The material should be very easy to navigate, and in my fantasy a large map of the city of Toronto would be displayed with dots indiciating the location of these buildings. When the user scrolls over a location, a little window will appear (or a section of the browser will change to show all the informaiton about that building). For example, scrolling over the dot of the Ritz will display information on status of buildng, what percentage of units are sold, a rendering, height information, etc.

Too often we on this site are always asking for updates on certain buildings because we forget, or it's hard to manage all the information we receive. Under this format, all information is accessible, easy to find, and up to date. We already have information flowing into this site, and we have numerous dedicated people willing to find out the latest happenings, so I think in that respect this plan is plausable.

The main problem I see is getting someone to actually build and write the code for such a feature. As I am not a web-page design expert by any stretch of the imagination, I have no idea how long a project like this would take to finish.

Back