News   Apr 25, 2024
 228     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

What to do when #metoo comes for you

True story.
At a US college recently a fellow woke up and remembered he'd had consensual sex with a young woman while they were both intoxicated. He also realized she's filed a complaint against someone he knew under similar circumstances. So he wisely filed a complaint against her first preemptively, as a result the girl was suspended while an inquiry took place.
Unreal.

True story.
At a US college recently a fellow woke up and remembered he'd had consensual sex with a young woman while they were both intoxicated. He also realized she's filed a complaint against someone he knew under similar circumstances. So he wisely filed a complaint against her first preemptively, as a result the girl was suspended while an inquiry took place.
Unreal.

That's messed up, but I deffo had a good laugh.

.. I’d probably join some movement like https://www.mgtow.com/

You sure? I'm a founding member. :p

Just playing, but seriously, I may as well have been....I've gone so far my own way (gonna hit a decade soon!) that I'm probably irredeemable.

You're right though about the dating scene these days....it is beyond messed up from what I can see through friends of mine.
Too many man-children (of all genders) and creeps in that game.
Once in a while though, you still run into someone who is real. Man, those are the best....gives you hope for humanity.

See, my point is that the truth shouldn't be subjective but it is. When a victim says #metoo, s/he is villified for waiting so long, s/he is doubted, s/he is told "that's how it is". It's only recently that the perpetrator is now going through that same villification -- previously they were always believed, now not so much. That's why #metoo exists, because the victim's truth has not been accepted or it has been ignored. And that's all got to do with power and control.

I spent the weekend talking to a victim of a high profile case who has kept silent until now because it involved a very powerful person (who has fallen), no one believed it before but they do now because there were multiple victims, and now the victims have to go through the whole "why did you keep silent so long", when in fact they didn't.

And yeah, #metoo.

why the sudden change to "s/he"

When the 'victim' is challenged with providing evidence, or...truth...they often run away and hide. Their goal was to make an unsubstantiated allegation...it's all that is needed to exact revenge.
The truth is often far from the 'facts'.

s/he isn't a sudden change, it's just easier than he/she. I know both male and female victims.

Back