• Uptown Residences

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Success Tower

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Build Up

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is your favorite 160m+ building U/C in toronto.

1. Trump International Hotel & Residences - 925 ft. 60 floors
200px-Rendering_trump_tower_toronto.jpg

2. Bay-Adelaide Centre West Tower [Bay-Adelaide Centre] - 715 ft. 51 floors
bay_adelaide.jpg

3. Shangri-La Hotel & Tower - 704 ft. 65 floors
1176933139-shangrila.jpg

4. Ritz-Carlton Hotel & Residences [Simcoe Place] - 688 ft. 53 floors
ritz_toronto.jpg

5. Four Seasons Hotel & Tower [Four Seasons] - 640 ft. 52 floors
3426513247_366ebbfb1e_o.jpg

6. MLSE South Tower [Maple Leaf Square] - 610 ft. 54 floors
MLSRender(1).jpg

7. RBC Centre [Simcoe Place] - 600 ft. 42 floors
RBCCentre_r2.jpg

8. The Uptown Residences - 518 ft. 48 floors
1127745444-35%20balmuto_rendering_small.jpg

9. Success Tower [Pinnacle Centre] - 516 ft. 53 floors
zpinnaclec.jpg

All Rederings from the 400 foot+ list by danintoronto

Vote on the poll Then post your choice

Last edited:
Anything but Success Tower.

Shangri-la would be my choice with the highest hope.

Probably, Ritz Carlton.

I hate the weak Vancouver podium and boring west side of Shangri-la. A real One King if you're into One King.

Cheng is probably the most overated architect in Canada eventhough
Shangri-la will likely turn out as one classy tower. His buildings just tend to be both bland and awkwardly busy at the same time.

I'm just hoping Shangri-La turns out as good as the renders. If not trump is my runner up. Only because its F*****g Tall:).

im hoping it turns out too.. the shangri-la's base in vancouver is really nice. with a burberry flagship and everything.

I think Trump will be a good looking building ... but at ground one won't be able to appreciate its design given how tight space in that area (basically you can only look UP), and the Trump podium is less than exciting (being a parking garage) ...

that's why I voted for Success Tower, a building that I personally admire ... and you can ACTUALLY get a good view of it ~ :)

grudgingly I voted for Trump for its stepped back, non box design, great use of mixed materials (which addresses the historic context of surrounding buildings) and serious height. I have a bit of mixed feelings about the spire but thumbs up for building something in this city that is not afraid to call attention to itself! I'm still not a fan of the location and am unsure how the city skyline will look with 3 towers of virtually the same height grouped so closely together.

ShangriLa on the other had, even though the design seems somewhat blah to me is going to have huge impact on the skyline because of its location.

Bay Adelaide would get my lowest ranking of all the buildings in the list.

Overall, it will be great to see what the city looks like with all these major additions...

Last edited:
I'll reserve my judgement until some of these projects are finished or close to it, because I think certain renders can be deceiving (positively and negatively).

I think Telus is a prime example for my personally, if it were taller, on this list and I had to go solely by the render, it wouldn't be my pick. But the actual building has turned out to be a real stunner IMO.

So...IF I was forced to pick, I'd go with Trump. I could reiterate some of Redroom's points but I'm not as eloquent.

Back