News   Apr 19, 2024
 138     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 556     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     2 

What forums do you subscribe to or follow?

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I've begun culling a lot of negativity from my life, which two Covid Christmases have done wonders for.... so long contrarian and toxic holiday get togethers. In that mind, I've also cut down my forums to only those that are mostly apolitical and of shared interest. I generally avoid Facebook groups as FB is a toxic pit at the best of times. Here's my list.

Model Ship World - when the kids left for uni I started building models again.
Warship Modeler - Same
Suzuki GS Resources - you can't ride a 1980s GS without this fantastic resource and comradery
Brit Bike Forum - I sold my 1960s Triumph motorcycle some time ago, but I still like the bikes of the homeland
World War 2 Aircraft - it's rare to find a good forum on military history that's not a madhouse of contemporary US politics. This is one.
VW Passat World - if you drive an 1990s VW, this is the place for help and advice.

That's about it I think.

I don't go on any forums other than UT on a regular basis. I used to on the Vancouver section of SSP when I lived there but haven't checked it out in years. The only other forum I visited was TorontoMazda3. I found the suggestions for after-market parts and tips on DIY repairs very helpful. However, after 13 years and 305,000+ km I donated it to Kars for Kids after the original alternator finally went. That was the fatal straw that broke the camel's back and I wasn't willing to put more money into it. It was a very reliable and fun car to drive. Still had the original clutch!

I've begun culling a lot of negativity from my life, which two Covid Christmases have done wonders for.... so long contrarian and toxic holiday get togethers. In that mind, I've also cut down my forums to only those that are mostly apolitical and of shared interest. I generally avoid Facebook groups as FB is a toxic pit at the best of times. Here's my list.
Amen, I left social media 3-4 years ago and haven't looked back. Nowadays, I only follow UT and SinoDefenceForum because I follow the Chinese military and other mil news somewhat closely.

Amen, I left social media 3-4 years ago and haven't looked back. Nowadays, I only follow UT and SinoDefenceForum because I follow the Chinese military and other mil news somewhat closely.
For Christmas 2020 (and 2021) my wife bought me a subscription to Warships IFR https://www.warshipsifr.com/ and their coverage of the PLAN is quite good. I subscribe to only three printed magazines, Warships IFR, https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/ and https://motorcyclemojo.com/

I don't get the appeal of FB, Twitter, etc. at all.

For topics about music i subscribe to Steve Hoffman Music Forums

For how to repair home stereo gear and general audio gear discussion forums... Audiokarma

I used to belong to a lot of different groups on Facebook, but i can't stand them anymore. I was a member of Liberal political groups, LGBTQ+ groups, Toronto groups. Now a days these groups are infested with woke ideology and full of people who can't have a discussion without bashing or insulting or attacking the person. If you can’t discuss topics in a civil manner, then you’re not worth my time.

Last edited:

Back