News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 637     0 

What do you guys think of this layout?

ACCT

Member Bio
Reaction score
A friend of mine is about to put down an offer for a condo and wanted some opinions on this floor plan of the home that the seller gave his agent. I've never seen it but this is what he has given me. Unfortunately it doesn't have the dimensions but he did tell me that the place is around 950 sq ft.

layoutcx.jpg

Last edited:
Another thing; the wall separating the master bedroom and the dining room is a wall of cabinets, which I find to be a good thing.

PROS:
  • good size entry closet (~5ft);
  • okay size master (9.5 ft x 11 ft) with ~7.5 ft of closet;
  • compact and efficient galley kitchen with plenty of storage b/c of pantry; however, only ~ 7 ft of counterspace;
  • LR/DR is okay size of 9.5 ft x 17 ft; however, wallspace is limited to the backwall of the kitchen;
  • 6.5 ft x 7 ft breakfast area could be multipurpose use;
  • corner unit with plenty of windows provides good natural light

CONS:
  • wasted space with 18ft long foyer + hallway;
  • small 2nd bedroom ... approx 8ft x 10 ft, made even smaller b/c of structural wall that impedes into corner of space and swinging entry door ... a double-size bed will barely fit

Thanks for the heads up. Ya, he did comment on the hallways but he liked the L-shape of the LR/DR.

Also, the current owner has used the breakfast area as the dining area as well (ie. just placing one dinign table) and is using both the LR/DR as one long LR by placing the tv near the window. It creates a little more space that way.

The "wall of cabinets" that separates the Master Bdrm from the breakfast Rm should be flipped and nudged north, to provide more closets in the Master.

That's an interesting comment, I never thought about that. I guess it depends on your preference because one of the things that actually popped out to me is that there is a lot of cabinet space in the kitchen. I've seen quite a few that actually don't have enough space for things. (pots, pans, etc.)

The breakfast room could also be modified by extending the kitchen cabinets along that wall with the bookcase and extending the kitchen island into some sort of breakfast bar.

This design is pro-workaholic type of guys. After, a long hours of working, you can skip the dining go straight to your bedroom and sleep. Your family members may never noticed you have just arrived because they are busy watching TV programs.

I'd also convert the breakfast area into the dining room and expand the living room. Anyone think they should've put the kitchen in the bottom right of the main living area? It would have opened up the middle nicely, and you'd have great views while cooking!

I'd also convert the breakfast area into the dining room and expand the living room. Anyone think they should've put the kitchen in the bottom right of the main living area? It would have opened up the middle nicely, and you'd have great views while cooking!

Ya, putting the kitchen there makes the living room seem much further away. If only they tucked the kitchen in the breakfast area, the living room would seem larger and more extravagant.

Back