News   Apr 24, 2024
 686     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 886     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 558     0 

What do you guys think of Brooksfield Residential Services

This is a very generic question. My parents building uses Brookfield, as do dozens of other buildings. They are similar to every other property management firm. I would say average, nothing special, but not horrible either. In large it depends on the condo board of a building more than a property manager. A bad condo board leads to poor building management, since it is the board that gives the manager direction and manages accountability.

While the Management Company is clearly important because they deal with 'back-office' things and they hire the Property Manager, I actually think the most important person is the Property Manager. S/he is there every day and is usually the first contact between owner/resident and the condominium corporation. Boards are important too but are often composed of people who have busy lives and the Board is not their 24/7 life. Yes, they can fire the Management Company and even, possibly, get rid of a poor Property Manager but they do not run the building's day-to-day operations.

Back