Oakville West & Post Towns | 11.26m | 3s | Branthaven Homes | Orchard Design Studio

ben.thebean1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Proposed 54 unit townhome complex at Postmaster Dr. and Westoak Trails Blvd. in the Westmount neighbourhood of Oakville. Located at 2170 Postmaster Drive.

26x2-storey street style, 28x3-storey rear lane style. 14 visitor spaces and a small greenspace with children's play structure also on property.

Zoning Bylaw Amendment application currently under appeal at the OLT.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 211418.png
Screenshot 2023-03-22 211543.png

The site is undeveloped and surrounded by semi-detached dwellings. Across Postmaster is a townhome development constructed in 2007, and diagonally across the main intersection there is a small plaza built around the same time.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 212034.png

Oakville project link https://www.oakville.ca/business/sp-40689.html

Branthaven project webpage https://www.branthaven.com/communities/westpost/

Hi all, recently came across this project, excited and looking to purchase. Does anyone know if this area is on the floodplain? Thanks

Municipalities don't allow new homes to be built on floodplains, and good luck getting a mortgage or insurance for an old home in a floodplain.

There are quite a few properties in Oakville between Trafalgar and Maple Grove that are within the floodplain of Morrison Creek and Wedgewood Creek.

There was supposedly going to be a lawsuit about it, but I have not seen much about that in a while.

There are quite a few properties in Oakville between Trafalgar and Maple Grove that are within the floodplain of Morrison Creek and Wedgewood Creek.

There was supposedly going to be a lawsuit about it, but I have not seen much about that in a while.
yes. A charter challenge. The action is still posted on the firms web site, there was a LOT of talk, but I agree, it has been very quiet most recently. cityfloodmap.com has a pretty good overview of the history of mapping flood plains as it effects Oakville and area.

Back