News   Apr 18, 2024
 260     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 409     0 

West One Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

I second that.. it's a tad bit intimidating for us "newbies" to contribute when some of the people here seem so hostile...

You'll run into them from time to time. They're the tweed jacket wearing, pipe smoking posse. They have supreme taste in 'architecture', they never make mistakes, and should you put forth an opinion that does not jive with theirs, they will proclaim that you "do not belong here".

Don't let them keep you from contributing! ;)

To the original poster, I'm curious as to how your situation turned out with regard to your car roof. Hopefully you haven't left the forum.

Call your auto insurer

From what I understand most condos will probably have some sign saying you're using the underground parking at your own risk.

Talk to your condo corp. They'll probably tell you to take it up with your auto insurer. If you're insured with a broker then they might be able to give you some advice.

I live in WestOne and it happened to me. And when it did, i had a guy run up who had it happen to them. THe same weekend 3 more cars got it. I did FOB by the way. Now I have $3300 damage and working at getting it fixed.

They had the door folks in again today, not sure if there were more accidents.

as for quality, I think the buidling over all has exceeded my expectations.

I have a question, did you guys wait until the door was completely opened and stopped before proceeding through? I know, it shouldn't make a difference, but I know at my building, I'm always too impatient to wait, so as the door is still opening, I'll squeeze under it.

CityPlace West One issues

Hey... so I'm just wondering if this is a normal thing for highrises or if it is a design flaw specific to my building (West One) or my unit in general.

So I just moved into a 40th floor unit with balcony. When its windy outside, there's this howling sound in my suite - I thought it was coming from the balcony door, but its actually coming from the entrance door - it seems that air is being sucked into the unit from the hallway. I don't think the problem is just my suite - waiting for the elevator, there was howling all around coming from several people's suites.

Is there a way I can fix it in my suite by better sealing the entrance door, or is this just something that I'm going to have to live with?

Thanks,

Sam

In modern buildings, the hallways are always at a lower pressure then the suite, this prevents smells from other suites from being forced into yours.
The only way to prevent it is to seal your door.

In modern buildings, the hallways are always at a lower pressure then the suite, this prevents smells from other suites from being forced into yours.
The only way to prevent it is to seal your door.

I had the same issue in a condo I owned. I went to Home Depot and got some of that foam (sticky tape on one side) door sealer and taped around three edges of the frame. I left the bottom part open to get little bit of air in. It worked like a charm plus I heard less noise from the hall.

The gap at the bottom of your door is there for a reason. It might be a violation of the fire code to seal it. Check with your building management before you take action. There's probably a warning not to tamper with the door gap in your condo corporation documents.

The whistling noise came from around the door edges and top as there was less of a gap, which is what I sealed. I left the bottom open to allow a decent air flow in.

Theoretically if you have all of your windows closed the airflow (and noise) should stop. If not it means air is leaking out somewhere - maybe a vent?

Welcome to the fun of living 40 stories up!

Thanks for the advice... I found the problem. The noise only occurs when I have the bathroom / hallway fan turned on... and it had been turned on by accident when I moved in.

p.s. I think the hallways are at a HIGHER pressure than the suites in this building - because the air gets pulled in - you can feel it if you put your hand around the edge of the door.

p.s. the view is worth it - even with the crappy camera on a blackberry the shots turned out pretty impressive. Here's one taken from my balcony.

Honestly, I don't get this place at all - everyone's obviously fairly well off in terms of cash, but half of them look like sketchy ravers (fine by me; I'm a raver / software developer who got lucky LOL) I swear to god there must be a drug dealer on every floor in West One.

Strangely, when I signed the lease too - I was expecting some crazy long lease saying what I wasn't allowed to do - but all it was was a one-pager specifying rent and term. I guess when you can afford this level of rental things loosen up a bit (i'm coming from a tiny, poor quality bachelor apartment, so its an interesting contrast.)

West One, to me, represents the epitome of what the newest generation of 20-somethings (like me) is all about: making better money than we should be, spending all of it, with FUN being the biggest priority. Damn, I hope I never get married and have to leave here!

Attachments

• img024.jpg
    img024.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 265
CityPlace West One: Weird generator sound happens every Min!!

I just bought a unit at west one. I live on 50th floor and was so happy that I am moving in.

But recently I am hearing from quite annoying sound that appear every min or so. It sounds like a motor sound that get turned on and off (MMMmmmm.......mmmmMMMMM). I thought it is the elevator motor since I live so near the roof. But I think the Motor should be in the basement.

Another possibility is the EXTREMELY loud washroom vent when it is turned on. I was thinking it might be the sound from other units when they turn it on and off and the sound is resonating through the pipes. But that is just my guess.

I guess if I turn on my music loud enough I can drown out the noise. But that is not a solution when I sleep.

Anyone experiencing this. I think I need to bring this us at the management meeting or a ask the building owners come up with a petition to fix this loud washroom ventilation fan sound.

I guess if I turn on my music loud enough I can drown out the noise. But that is not a solution when I sleep.

Plus, your neighbours may not be impressed by your version of managing annoying sounds.

Back