Toronto West Don Lands: Blocks 17 & 26 | 141m | 43s | Aspen Ridge | Core Architects

Based on the various hints here, my guess for the Tricon/CPPIB site is the location of one of the car dealerships rebuilt into Riverside Square. These sites are pretty much adjacent to the future East Harbour OL station, and low hanging fruit for future density.

Based on the various hints here, my guess for the Tricon/CPPIB site is the location of one of the car dealerships rebuilt into Riverside Square. These sites are pretty much adjacent to the future East Harbour OL station, and low hanging fruit for future density.

Riverside Square has Infiniti Downtown, Genesis Downtown, Nissan Downtown, Downtown Lincoln, Downtown Ford, Downtown Hyundai, and Downtown Toyota going into it.

Unless Tricon is in on the First Parliament site - it's not one of them.

The press release says it's in "convenient walking distance" to the financial district, and saying that about East Harbour is a lot more than "puffery" as the lawyers describe it.

The press release says it's in "convenient walking distance" to the financial district, and saying that about East Harbour is a lot more than "puffery" as the lawyers describe it.

We already heard that it's a little further out than The Foundry, and East Harbour is the next closest station to downtown after the Corktown one. Believe me, with the marketing of residential developments, there has been much worse puffery than calling East Harbour walking distance to the Financial District.

It’s a little disappointed that this site could be further out than the foundry.

Every time I walk down front, I see the Acura, Volvo, Jeep, Infiniti, and Porche dealerships and imagine how great they could be as big beautiful affordable and market rate developments. They really separate the eastern downtown from the rest of it. 5000 homes > 5 cad dealerships tbh.

It’s a little disappointed that this site could be further out than the foundry.

Every time I walk down front, I see the Acura, Volvo, Jeep, Infiniti, and Porche dealerships and imagine how great they could be as big beautiful affordable and market rate developments. They really separate the eastern downtown from the rest of it. 5000 homes > 5 cad dealerships tbh.

Especially since in 10 years there will be a subway station right underneath that area!

I always wonder about the TCHC housing on the eastern side of downtown, directly north of the Gardiner and directly south of David Crombie park. It's a huge swath of land that to me appears to be prime for development/intensification - I would think it could easily fit a half dozen towers. It's certainly walking distance to the financial district, though it doesn't jive with the "little further out" hint and of course TCHC would have to sell the land or partner on the development, for which there's no indication of here.

Especially since in 10 years there will be a subway station right underneath that area!
In this market, redeveloping a car dealer is a question of when, not if.

Maybe it's the corner of Eastern and Broadview 🤓

Back