2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 562     0 

Weird 'bendy' bus photo

W

wyliepoon

Found at the Toronto Star website...

213868_3.JPG

An articulated bus, sliced in half, stuck in the snow? Could that ever happen in real life?

Maybe those artics have a "saucer separation" mechanism in case of emergencies.

180px-Saucerseparation.jpg

i don't think mississauga has ever had an artic split in half, has it?

It's weird alright- bendy too. Probably wierder for the folks still sitting on it though.

lol can you imagine?

*turns off ipod*
"Hey, where did the front of the bus go?"

Before anyone gets too serious about this - that bus is not split in half, the front section is just *really* cranked around ( you can see it through the window).

Yes, the NF artics are "pusher"-types, with rear wheel drive. There is typically one day a year where the weather will create real problems for them.

I remember well my university days in Ottawa and those freezing snowy transit delays. I remember finally calling OC Transpo to ask why they cancelled service on so many routes during moderate snowy weather...the answer was that their buses could not make it up the hills around downtown and the museum of Civ area. Meanwhile, cars and trucks are racing by without out. I asked the lady, why the hell OC Transpo is buying buses that are useless for many of its routes for periods of the year, she hadn't a clue of course.

tplannerlll's point is worth noting: weather like this is a rare occurence. I can recall many bus problems in Montreal during bad weather, but issues were overcome by road cleaning and salting. I'm sure this was the same for Ottawa on that particular day. I recall that on most winter days the buses were far more capable moving through the snow than many cars (or their drivers).

Back