News   Mar 28, 2024
 998     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

Wealthsimple Stadium (Ad Company Geniuses, 0s, Août Poisson Architects)

I'm not oblivious to BMO, but this is the World Cup, so 40k is not that much

Not enough people care about soccer in Toronto to build a 40k plus stadium. This a basketball, hockey, baseball town.

Not enough people care about soccer in Toronto to build a 40k plus stadium. This a basketball, hockey, baseball town.
Sorry, you clearly don't know the demographic in Toronto. People may not care about TFC, which really is a 3rd division level in most other countries, but people care more about soccer much more than you think.

BlogTO...one of the most clickbait websites currently in existence on the World Wide Web.

They should create an article titled: "How we became one of the pioneers of fake news".

My favourite hoax is still this all-time UT classic ?

My favourite hoax is still this all-time UT classic ?

Aw thanks, I am rather proud of that one. We loaded that with very joke we could, Wylie Poon's subtly obnoxious renderings were essential.

Wait I mean, whaddyuh mean hoax?!

So, is it time to light this sucker up?!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Too much?

Saying Torontonians don’t care about soccer may be true.. but Torontonians love football. Being such an international city I’d say if there was a top tier football team here it would arguably be the most popular team.

And this is coming from a die hard NBA and Raptors fan.

All this campaign sold me on in the end was a large caesar salad. Like, I really want that salad now.

I miss the days of UT's April Fools stories.Have they stopped or have I missed them the past few years?
In 2017 and 2018, April Fools fell on the weekend when we don't publish. This year, with the constant barrage of fake news from Queens Park and the White House, it did not seem like a good idea to add to that; to my mind, these professional liars have changed the mood for the time being.

Back