News   Apr 19, 2024
 143     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 558     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Wealthsimple Stadium (Ad Company Geniuses, 0s, Août Poisson Architects)

Just a friendly reminder that Toronto needs a proper soccer stadium for the 2026 world cup. Perhaps it could be converted to Baseball afterwards.

Just a friendly reminder that Toronto needs a proper soccer stadium for the 2026 world cup. Perhaps it could be converted to Baseball afterwards.

They do, but there are longer-term plans to upgrade BMO Field to 40k capacity before 2026. BMO is a new and great stadium. I'm wondering if this is for the Toronto Wolfpack or a Toronto Canadian Premier League soccer team.

Not that the rendering is great or even necessarily illustrative but based on it the site will have to be west of Spadina north of the tracks.

AoD

They do, but there are longer-term plans to upgrade BMO Field to 40k capacity before 2026. BMO is a new and great stadium. I'm wondering if this is for the Toronto Wolfpack or a Toronto Canadian Premier League soccer team.
I'm not oblivious to BMO, but this is the World Cup, so 40k is not that much

Not that the rendering is great or even necessarily illustrative but based on it the site will have to be west of Spadina north of the tracks.

AoD

Yup, you're right. I'd say it's built over the tracks, where Rail Deck Park is supposed to be.

Back