News   Sep 13, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 669     0 

Wayne and Shuster: City Golf, 1971

I found all the old school cars the most fascinating part of that video.

Honestly was that supposed to be funny? I mean ok perhaps for the first minute or so... but good god how long did they need to drag that on. I really wonder if this was actually considered entertaining back then.

Good find though...

I found all the old school cars the most fascinating part of that video.

Honestly was that supposed to be funny? I mean ok perhaps for the first minute or so... but good god how long did they need to drag that on. I really wonder if this was actually considered entertaining back then.

Good find though...

God,no! Wayne and Shuster were NEVER funny. They became an "institution" and "fixtures" on the CBC. I often thought that canned laugh- tracks were invented just for them. But this little snippet was interesting as an indicator of how much the city had changed.

Some of the gags are silly but, on the whole, I thought this was a pretty brilliant satire of a quintessentially suburban sport. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but, as others have noted, this particular sketch has a lot in common with today's flashmobs.

God,no! Wayne and Shuster were NEVER funny. They became an "institution" and "fixtures" on the CBC. I often thought that canned laugh- tracks were invented just for them. But this little snippet was interesting as an indicator of how much the city had changed.

As a kid I could never figure out their appeal either.

I remember a Wayne & Shuster parody of David Carradine's Kung Fu. Wayne keeps brushing off repeated warnings about danger from the bad guys with "Don't worry, I have herbs in my bag".

In the last scene, Wayne pulls out from his bag, a gun and shots the bad guys. Asks Schuster to Wayne, "I thought you said you had herbs in that bag?" Wayne replies, "I did. It's Herb's gun," as he hands over the gun to Herb.

Back