Mississauga 42 Port Street East | 40.7m | 11s | FRAM Building Group | B+H

The city has pass the by-laws to allow this project to move to marketing. Depend when it goes to market, construction could start somewhere around 2017 or sooner.

All depends on sells.

No Fills will be sadly miss and will be interesting to see who goes in here for the smaller store.

So, the No Frills officially closed for good last night. Within the hour, a crew already started removing signage off the building!

Heard it had been crazy busy in its final hours due to combination of deep discounts and the holiday rush.

It'll be interesting to see where the community goes for groceries now. Loblaws? Rabba? Metro?
With Walmart not heading to Lakeview after all, a new No Frills could have gone in there instead.

So, the No Frills officially closed for good last night. Within the hour, a crew already started removing signage off the building!

Heard it had been crazy busy in its final hours due to combination of deep discounts and the holiday rush.
It'll be interesting to see where the community goes for groceries now. Loblaws? Rabba? Metro?

With Walmart not heading to Lakeview after all, a new No Frills could have gone in there instead.

It was sad that the builder couldn't find more room to put No Frills into the new building. In fact, the building east of the site came on the market for sale to the point the owner of this project could bought it and would offer more space for the No Frills to return.

I don't expect to see many shopper go to the remaining store and will do the long trip to the Dixie Mall No Frills store or head up Hurontario to Dundas to shop at the 2 stores there. Metro is real small and expect to see that site to be redevelop down the road with all the changes going on in the area. They should move across the street to the vacation Walmart location, I know the developer put the offer out there before it got off the ground for a new store, with no bites.

The area needs another grocery store and it could come in the One Port project or the Imperial Oil Land redevelopment.

With the closing, I loose another No Frills store to shop at after getting off the GO train or when I am in the area. Been a few months since I was in the area and no idea of the store closing.

This will not make the NIMBY folks happy to see this project move ahead

There is a revised application for this site with FRAM now involved. The architects are B+H. https://www.topca.net/#42_Port_St_E
Lakeshore_Road_East_NW_perspective_CONCEPT.png

Port_Street_East_SW_perspective_CONCEPT.jpg

There is a revised application for this site with FRAM now involved. The architects are B+H. https://www.topca.net/#42_Port_St_E
View attachment 429633
View attachment 429634

Scale is good, massing is roughly ok, I'm undecided on the balcony shapes.........but I am decided that the lower level colour/material palette works better than the upper one which looks cheaper and less interesting and feels grafted on to the lower levels.

Run the warmer scheme up the whole building.

I think the retail podium component would really benefit from brick and a bit of old-timeyness and/or warmth..

Edit to add: Following the link above, I have extracted this:

1664466256040.png

Back