Waterparkcity Condos (Lanterra Developments, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

Anymore input from people living in the waterpark city condos? how do you like it? are you renting or own?

Looks like there are a lot of renters in these buildings. Also maintenance fees seem high given that they are nearly new buildings, when compared to a tridel or plazacorp building (which are typically managed by Brookfield).

Not a fan of having to use streetcars to get to work.

Any major downfalls to living here?

Anyone have any comments on Neptune 1 or 2 lately? Any positives or negatives? Looking to buy here soon.

I realise this is a very old thread, but as an owner I thought I'd share some thoughts for anyone considering buying here. I moved in two and half years ago.

First, some updates about what's changed in the area since 2014:

- After a very long wait, there is finally a major grocery store (Loblaws) opening this month at Lakeshore and Bathurst, just 5 minutes walk away. There will also a be a Shopper Drug Mart, and later this year, an LCBO.
- There is another grocery store under construction at Garrison Point, also just 5 minutes walk away.
- There is great access to BikeShareToronto with several docking stations close by, the nearest at Fort York Museum.
- The Bentway has various events through the year, and free ice skating in the winter.
- Trillium Park
- Fort York Library
- There are new paths in Coronation Park:
- The Cinesphere at Ontario Place, the world's first permanent IMAX, has re-opened all year round.
- Garrison Crossing is a new set of bridges giving quick pedestrian and cycle access to Stanley Park and King St
- A new mini grocery store opened on Bastion St.
- June Callwood Park (on the east side of the building) is due for a revitalization
- A new pedestrian tunnel opened connecting Billy Bishop (Toronto Island) Airport, so you no longer need to take the ferry.
- Several gyms close by - Orange Theory, Big Hit

Next, the building (Neptune at 215 Fort York)

- The building is pretty well-managed. There was a period where it went through a series of management companies in a short time, but it's now stable.
- The common areas are showing their age a little, but work is starting this year to refresh these.
- The maintenance fees are stable, with only a small increases each year. The only charge I pay on top is hydro (electricity), which averages $55/month for a 960 sqft apartment.
- Cheap fibre internet is available, I use Beanfield which is only $50/month for a 1Gbps unlimited connection. Fibrestream and Bell are also available.

Last edited:
Does anyone have photos of what was here before?

It was the Molson's Fleet St Brewery:

photo-toronto-fleet-street-molson-brewery-construction-work-lighthouse-tip-top-tailors-1969.jpg

https://chuckmantorontonostalgia.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/photo-toronto-fleet-street-molson-brewery-construction-work-lighthouse-tip-top-tailors-1969/

Last edited:
Reactions: AHK

Back