Waterlink at Pier 27 (Fernbrook Homes, Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Often times in upscale developments cheap builder's light fixtures are put in place knowing that they will be replaced with the owner's own fixtures, as taste and style is particular to buyers. No fixture, no matter how nice it is, will please everyone.

While the kitchen has very nice appliances and it's great to see gas cooking which are not commonly done, it looks rather plain and basic. The ultra slim profile hood fan which is almost invisible makes it look like a hood fan is missing above the stove. Also there no counter space on one side of the stove which is a potential hazard when things are spilled or knocked over off the stove, not to mention splatters on the floor. There is enough wall space to easily add another 12 inches of cabinets/counter, but these days kitchen layouts are often repetitive in most of the units of the development to economize on fabrication and installation so making a slightly different kitchen layout for this unit wouldn't be as efficient for the builder.

I think the unit above suffers from poorly chosen colours/materials, as the cabinets matches the floor and the tile backsplash matches the wall and the cabinet hardware look rather wimpy, which creates a rather plain generic appearance. Espresso coloured cabinets and floors may have been trendy and popular 5-8 years ago, but it's already looking dated.
It's a rather safe choice most likely with no upgrades, probably done as an investment purchase. I would like to see how other units are finished.

I can't tell in the photos, but should the under cabinet lighting span across all of the cabinets?

Last edited:
Have any forum members moved in yet to 39 Queens Quay?

Does anyone know if the mailboxes are installed or if Rogers/Bell service is working etc etc.

Does anyone know if the mailboxes are installed or if Rogers/Bell service is working etc etc.
Even if mailboxes are installed, it doesn't mean you get mail delivery from Day 1 in a new condo

I have friends who are in 39 Queens Quay and they have Bell Internet, TV, etc...Not sure about mailboxes; will ask when I visit them this weekend.

I have friends who are in 39 Queens Quay and they have Bell Internet, TV, etc...Not sure about mailboxes; will ask when I visit them this weekend.

He said they can either pick up their mail from the Post Office or give authorization to the Concierge/Security who'll pick up mail once a week (Wednesday?). Hopefully, when we move to 29 Queens Quay, Pier 27 will already have mail delivery in the building. Btw, my friends are very happy that all but one of their PDI issues were promptly corrected by the builder. And the water view is so beautiful...

There are 23 units in this project on MLS and have been there for weeks...is there a problem selling these?

23 listings on MLS... sorted by price low to high... first hit: 1 br - $485K, man, that seems expensive.. + 500$ monthly maintenance ... I'm guessing that maybe the reason why??? but maybe that's the standard for 10 feet ceilings..

Remember, people who bought here had to endure years of delays so their purchases has appreciated greatly so many are trying to cash in right now.

The prices seem fair as there are not that many tiny units in this development. Based on the maintenance fees, that cheapest listing is probably around 725 sq.ft. and it includes parking and locker (many units on the market include them). Higher end appliances and 10' ceilings are standard, and the area is going through lots of changes.
The building has also has a lot of amenities, including valet parking, and parking and lockers also incur more maintenance fees, so the fees here are not out of line.

The downside here is that you will living around a construction zone for the next 10 years with major construction to the north and east, the buildings face each other with limited views, and the smell from Redpath Sugar could be off putting. If you plan to live here for a really long time, it could be a good investment as it will eventually be a very nice place to live.

The value of the condos will be what people are willing to pay for them....only time can tell how much people will be willing to pay for luxury one bedrooms near a factory and with limited views...will be interesting to watch and see...

Anybody living in here? Would be interested in your thoughts on the units and building overall.

Any update on when the amenities are supposed to be open?

Anybody living in here? Would be interested in your thoughts on the units and building overall.

Any update on when the amenities are supposed to be open?

Top notch building if not one of the best in Toronto right now. Quality is superb, well managed, functional layouts. Amenities are open now 24 hr gym, party room, (pool is all finished inside just waiting for Fire Marshall approval). Phase 2 started interior carpeting and is almost set for total completion as early as May. 5 clients who are leasing here most now want to buy there now. Interior units are gas heated and 10 foot ceilings standard throughout.

Outdoor pool/courtyard is only thing left.

Last edited:
Top notch building if not one of the best in Toronto right now. Quality is superb, well managed, functional layouts. Amenities are open now 24 hr gym, party room, (pool is all finished inside just waiting for Fire Marshall approval). Phase 2 started interior carpeting and is almost set for total completion as early as May. 5 clients who are leasing here most now want to buy there now. Interior units are gas heated and 10 foot ceilings standard throughout.

Outdoor pool/courtyard is only thing left.

Beautiful building. Top notch finishes.

Back