News   Aug 27, 2024
 117     0 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.4K     6 
News   Aug 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Wallpaper

In the last month i have been to about 20 different condo sales offices and most of them had wallpaper used in the design of the demo suites. So if they are using to sell condos I am sure it wont be a problem, but they also hire big $$ interior designers to choose the paper+colors, design, etc..

I love wallpaper, however, unless you use some of the newest, specialized product, it's hell to take off - and inevitably, you'll have to take it off. It's also something that is very much a product of trends and in my experience, while I might love it now, I'll probably hate that same pattern in 2 years. I've learned to stick with paint.

I love wallpaper--I'm biased because I grew up in an old home with gorgeous wallpaper. If you're not quite certain you want to go with wallpaper, here's what you could do:

Buy a 4'x8' sheet of plywood and glue wallpaper on each side--different patterns on each side. Place against wall and over several months, you can decide if you're committed to the better way!

(btw, there's some wallpaper product out there that peels off walls very easily. Do some googling to find it.)

Last edited:
If you find someone who makes 8' x 8' plywood, please let us know ...could save a lot of time. ;)

In the last month i have been to about 20 different condo sales offices and most of them had wallpaper used in the design of the demo suites. So if they are using to sell condos I am sure it wont be a problem, but they also hire big $$ interior designers to choose the paper+colors, design, etc..

Hey caddyfleet..which sales center impressed you the most? If you could choose just one project, which one would it be? I love the new generation wallpaper as well. This new wallpaper can add much needed dimension and depth to an overall room, especially when you have open concept design....decorating one or two accent walls with beautiful wallpaper really does impress!

Yeah I'm also quite curious about wallpaper. What are some stores downtownish to check out samples/ideas?

Thanks!

Personally, I'm not partial to wallpaper - just not my thing. I moved into a place and it took my friends and I five or six nights to steam & scrape it all off the walls in the living room, dining room and the long entrance hall. I think it had probably been up for a long time, it was that kind of wallpaper that if you leaned up against it you'd get slivers in your arms - sort of a grassy type wallpaper. After it was all steamed/scrapped off I had to repair all the gouges with Polyfilla where some of my friends got a little too aggressive then learned after painting part of one wall that the glue left behind left on the walls could be seen through the paint. I tried to wash it off but quickly realized that it would take forever so I rented an electric sander and sanded all the walls down to flatten it out. What a nightmare. So wallpaper is great if you like it, but not so great for someone who comes after who may not like it and stuck with removing it.

Back