Victory Condos (BLVD Developments, Lifetime Developments) - Real Estate -

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
What is your feeling about this project Victory Condos?, I know the developer is the same of Four Seasons in Yorkville, what do you think about Victory Condos compared with Charlies on the east side of Spadina.

Now I, on the other hand, would not want to live at Charlie. You would be immediately adjacent to the streetcars turning on the Charlotte Street loop all day long.

Victory has possibly the widest range of floor plans in the downtown, anything from a "studio" at 350 square feet (!) up to three bedrooms. There is even a three-bedroom plus den, at 1,290 sq. ft., which could be created by combining a three-bedroom with one of the aforementioned studio units. The building will look nice, IMO. The rendering shows a lot of glass, a lot of brick, and little or no precast.

However I can't help noticing that they are projecting maintenance fees at 49 cents per square foot, excluding electricity, which seems a bit high considering that there is no swimming pool.

Walt brings up a good point about the turning streetcars. Can anyone living near the area attest to how tolerable/annoying this is? Aside from this point and speaking strictly about location, i still do prefer Charlie though.

Obviously there is a lot more to consider, i have to do some research on the particulars.

What I like the most about the Victory is the particular block where the building will be located, if you check the block from Brant street and Spadina you will see that all the properties on both sides of King are heritage small buildings, which in my opinion is really valuable. If you go to the east side of Spadina the look is different, just in front of Charlie's site there are some old houses with cheap stores. I am not sure about the noise issue from the street cars, if someone live in the area I would appreciate his comments

Walt brings up a good point about the turning streetcars. Can anyone living near the area attest to how tolerable/annoying this is? Aside from this point and speaking strictly about location, i still do prefer Charlie though.

Obviously there is a lot more to consider, i have to do some research on the particulars.

Depends on how tolerant you are to noise. I live right on Queen Street, right in front of Streetcar stop. Even after two years, I still can't leave my window open during the night because of the streetcar noise. My roommate, on the other hand, is oblivious to it.

Great location, but the noise from streetcars turning or going over "special" portions of tracks would drive me mad. Lots of shreeking and booming. If you are considering living in the downtown core, you can't be a person that is too bothered by noise anyways, right?

I live facing King & Spadina where streetcars turn often.

I don't find the noise that bad. Even outside standing on the street it's not ear piercingly loud most of the time. Nowhere near as cringe inducing as some other turning points. The TTC even pumps water into the corner tracks during summer, which reduces the noise considerably.

The building's glass cuts the decibels down to a mild hum from indoors.

Honestly, you should be more concerned about the rowdy partygoers on the street at night, which will be a problem whether you're living at Victory or Charlie. If you can't stand some background traffic noise, living in the entertainment district will be intolerable for you. Might I suggest a nice, grassy duplex in Uxbridge, perhaps?

Well I can only speak for standing outside waiting for the bus at King & Spadina, and it does annoy me. I'd imagine the sound from inside is not as bad, but personally as i usually keep my window open etc. it would be aggravating.

I don't think a sound of this nature that happens pretty constantly throughout the day really qualifies simply as background noise. It's a noise unique to this particular area. I'm sure it would affect more than a few people who decide to buy there if they were fully aware of it prior to buying.

My apartment actually faces the corner of Charlotte and King and I hardly ever notice the sound of that streetcar making that turn. Maybe if i was on the first 5 floors I would hear it more but it doesn't really bother me. The only noise I ever seem to hear is girls screaming at each other on the weekends in the parking lot. Once that parking lot is gone, I'd imagine it might actually be quieter.

Well I can only speak for standing outside waiting for the bus at King & Spadina, and it does annoy me. I'd imagine the sound from inside is not as bad, but personally as i usually keep my window open etc. it would be aggravating.

I don't think a sound of this nature that happens pretty constantly throughout the day really qualifies simply as background noise. It's a noise unique to this particular area. I'm sure it would affect more than a few people who decide to buy there if they were fully aware of it prior to buying.
Yeah, I think it would be a problem for you if you lived on a lower floor with the windows open. I can imagine that if you had some kind of sensitive hearing condition, it could sound like nails on a blackboard whenever a streetcar turned, but it's not that bad for me. I actually kind of enjoy rail noises, and I even missed them during the TTC strike.

I leave my windows closed because of dust and exhaust. The heavy streetcars seem to raise fine construction dust like crazy, and there's a lot of construction going on in the area. When I first bought my unit, the balcony was covered in a thick film of dust. I also leave cushions on my balcony and have to beat them with a stick to get a cloud of dust off of them before sitting.

That might be a problem everywhere in the city, though. I'm just assuming it's settling construction dust in the area.

I would think that waiting for a bus on two perpendicular streetcar lines would be more annoying.

:D

That corner is highly congested and a lot of noise and no manner what kind of sound proofing if any is mentioned by the builder its still a nasty corner for a good night sleep.

Back