News   May 01, 2024
 630     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 242     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 322     0 

Used Books Stores in Toronto

the one at sussex and spadina is called Ten Editions Books or something like that.

I find that bookcloseouts.com has both better prices and a better selection than most used bookstores. They ship from Canada, too, so there are no surprise cross-border fees. There's usually a coupon or two available on redflagdeals to offset the shipping costs (eg $5 off with coupon: world password: bookcloseouts).

The various U of T book sales also often have good finds, particularly if you go early. (last year's dates: http://www.alumni.utoronto.ca/booksales.htm)

Victoria: Sept. 28 - Oct. 2.

New College: Oct. 12 - 16.

University College: Oct. 13 - 17.

Trinity: Oct. 20 - 24.

St. Michael's: Oct. 24 - 28.

There used to be a pretty good one on Mount Pleasant just south of Eglinton. It was near my favorite TO pub. Not sure if they moved or just plain went under..?

Re: Used Book Stores in Toronto

The sale at Victoria was disappointing. I got there an hour and a half after it opened. I think the dealers pick the place clean early on. It wasn't always thus.

There used to be a pretty good one on Mount Pleasant just south of Eglinton. It was near my favorite TO pub.

Contact Editions. It is (was?) a fine store, huge collection. Is it still there (I haven't been on Mt. Pleasant for a while now).

There's another small second hand bookstore, called Harmony ( I think ), just to the south of it.

Yesterday I noticed that Abelard Books appears to be going out of business - everything is 50% off.

Back