News   Mar 28, 2024
 37     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 536     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 346     0 

UrbanToronto Rules Of Conduct

You need to define what you mean by "talking back"........it reads lame.

Exactly. We're all entitled to our own opinions in this country. "Talking back" portrays otherwise. When listing rules of conduct, you also want to balance things
out by being positive and pleasant.

I'm more of a lurker then a poster... but to ask a question I need 20 posts... boy I'm finding it difficult. Now that I have 20+ posts... I still can't seem to find the post thread button...

Urban Toronto Rules Of Conduct

Posting Guidelines
- New members need to have 20 posts before they can start their own thread. This is now physically hardwired into the system to reduce spam.
- Stay on topic. Read the thread subject and previous postings carefully before replying to a topic. There is some room to move around in a thread but keep it to a minimum. We want to have a forum that provides knowledge to its members rather than a soapbox for people who just want to add to their post counts. We will warn you if we think you’re posting too often about nothing. Don’t take it personally. We just want the content to stay strong.
- Make sure your posts contribute something meaningful to the thread.
- Use the English language. If we can’t understand it we will delete it. And use proper grammar. Again if we can’t understand it we will delete it.
- Use the search function before creating a thread.
- When posting copyrighted material please include source, author and a link to the source.
- No sexist, racist or offensive language of any kind will be allowed. Postings of a sexual nature are also prohibited.
- Yelling (YELLING) is not allowed.
- Name calling and other such offenses against other forum members will not be tolerated.

Trolling
- No trolling, which is to say that a post or an ongoing series of posts of an antagonistic and disruptive nature, including borderline pathological attention to certain threads, which add little new perspective or information, and those which will only serve to needlessly and baselessly provoke a particular member or a group of members, are prohibited. An occasional harsh but fair comment would not be considered trolling.

here.

I'm wondering if any of the moderators read about the Dr. Dawg decision, and how they think the Ontario Superior Court ruling aligns with UT's guidelines, such as "use proper grammar" and "no ... offensive language of any kind." Just how is "offence" defined at UT, by panel or sovereign decree?

(Dr. Dawg licks his wounds: Court rules that defamation of Ottawa blogger was 'fair comment', Ottawa Citizen)

A Superior Court judge has ruled that although Ottawa blogger Dr. Dawg was defamed on a conservative message board, the hurtful words fell within the bounds of fair comment in the rough and tumble blogosphere.

“Political debate in the Internet blogosphere can be, and often is, rude, aggressive, sarcastic, hyperbolic, insulting caustic and/or vulgar. It is not for the faint of heart,†Madam Justice Heidi Polowin noted in dismissing the legal claim.

The decision is among the first to establish the legal boundaries in Canada’s blogosphere, where the battle between left and right often devolves into flame wars...

I'm wondering if any of the moderators read about the Dr. Dawg decision, and how they think the Ontario Superior Court ruling aligns with UT's guidelines, such as "use proper grammar" and "no ... offensive language of any kind." Just how is "offence" defined at UT, by panel or sovereign decree?

(Dr. Dawg licks his wounds: Court rules that defamation of Ottawa blogger was 'fair comment', Ottawa Citizen)

A Superior Court judge has ruled that although Ottawa blogger Dr. Dawg was defamed on a conservative message board, the hurtful words fell within the bounds of fair comment in the rough and tumble blogosphere.

“Political debate in the Internet blogosphere can be, and often is, rude, aggressive, sarcastic, hyperbolic, insulting caustic and/or vulgar. It is not for the faint of heart,” Madam Justice Heidi Polowin noted in dismissing the legal claim.

The decision is among the first to establish the legal boundaries in Canada’s blogosphere, where the battle between left and right often devolves into flame wars...

Yes I have vaguely noticed the issue (it did spill over on Twitter). The outcome of the trial is interesting, almost Solomonic.

AoD

I am anew member, and I am searching for rules that specifically state as to when I can start posting my own thread. Any one can point me to what needs to be done before I can see "start new thread" option?

There needs to be evidence of plagiarism first.
Here is the original post:
I don't think I want to stop showing my dislike for this development unless and until someone can permit my opinion. The reason why I dislike this so much is because I noticed a rendering that made TEN YORK stand out more, and personally and mentally, this, when compared to TEN YORK, would be a direct insult, in terms of positioning, density, and architecture.
Here is the copycat that hurts my feelings:
I don't think I want to stop showing my dislike for this development unless and until someone can permit my opinion. The reason why I dislike this so much is because I noticed a rendering that made HARBOUR PLAZA stand out more, and personally and mentally, this, when compared to HARBOUR PLAZA, would be a direct insult, in terms of positioning, density, and architecture
And here is my policy regarding such inappropriate posts:

All posts and images by me are not to be used or copied without my express consent and approval. All violators, including those who violate this rule before it was made, shall be subject to banning. Users that make content in an attempt to hurt my feeling as revenge shall also be subject to banning.

Last edited:

Back