Union Margo (Aspen Ridge) - Real Estate -

Just received termination of APS with full refund and interest. Very disappointed with Aspen Ridge these guys are worse than the builder up in Barrie that increase the price on signed deals.

326467327_550595400340483_4856140665114633610_n.jpg

The information provided in the July 21, 2022 is still current. For development to proceed to approval, the Secondary Plan Study for the Markham Road/Mount Joy Corridor needs to be completed. Aspen Ridge Homes also needs to resubmit updated development applications addressing City Departments and external agency review comments. A resubmission is also required to review any requested revisions to their proposal, including the potential to increase the number of stories or any other changes.

The Planning Policy section of the Planning and Urban Design Department is the lead on the Secondary Plan Work. The Secondary Plan area includes lands along the east/west sides of Markham Road between 16th Avenue and Major Mackenzie Drive East. Land Owners within this area, including Aspen Ridge, are active participants in the study and are aware of the study’s status. The Policy Section are targeting a draft policy frame work to be received by Development Services Committee and Council by the end or 2022 or early 2023. To be kept update to date on this work, contact project lead at Lily D’Souza at LD'Souza@markham.ca.

I am the principle contact for the development applications under review as follows:
Zoning Amendment – File ZA 18 258912
Site Plan Control – File SPC 18 258590
Official Plan Amendment – File PLAN 19 130759.

With respect to the above. I also recommend contacting the Clerks Department at Notifications@markham.ca to request notification for any to be scheduled meetings related to the Zoning Amendment and Official Plan files noted above. You will then receive formal notice of any required public meetings or when a recommendation report will be tabled to Development Services Committee, following completion of the Secondary Plan Study, and adequate responses to comments on the development applications.

Stephen Corr, B.E.S., M.C.I.P., R.P.P
Senior Development Planner II, East District
City of Markham Planning and Urban Design Department
(905-477-7000 ext 2532 - scorr@markham.ca
The applications to amend the Official Plan, Zoning By-law and for Site Plan approval for a 20 storey apartment building at the SW corner of Bur Oak and Markham Road, submitted by Aspen Ridge have not advanced for a Council decision as the City has been undertaking a Secondary Plan study for the area. Please note that Aspen Ridge does not have permission for the proposed development therefore, selling any units which are not permitted is at their own risk. City staff have advised that active applications within the Markham Road/ Mount Joy Secondary Plan area will only advance after the land use concept plan is endorsed by Development Services Committee (which is tentatively targeted for end of this year) and when/if the proposed development conforms to the endorsed land use concept plan. You should also be advised that recently, Aspen Ridge has requested that the previously proposed 20 storey building be increased to 30 storeys. As a result, Aspen Ridge will be required to make a comprehensive revised application submission to increase the height of the building. Staff will need to undertake a review of the revised materials as well as schedule a statutory Public Meeting for the revised proposal before bringing a report forward for a Council decision. A full building permit can only be applied for after the applications have been approved and all necessary agreements are in place with the City.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any additional information.

Stacia Muradali, M.C.I.P., R.P.P.
Manager, East District
Planning and Urban Design Department
City of Markham
101 Town Centre Blvd
Markham, ON, L3R 9W3
Tel: 437-228-5752
www.markham.ca
I understand your concern and frustration, I would suggest calling the city of Markham’s planning department.

Aspen Ridge has every intention of moving forward with the project and we do not intend to cancel Margo at this current time, this is not a practice we wish to adopt after 30 years of trusted building. I can assure you we are doing everything in our power to push the city to move forward with our permits.

Unfortunately, at this time I do not have a better answer as this unprecedented situation is out of our control, but we are just as eager to get Margo moving and will continue to work closely with the city of Markham.

Kind Regards,

Sales Representative

Thank you for your email, at this time I have been informed by head office that Aspen Ridge is fervently planning for a tentative construction start Summer of 2023, as previously mentioned we have run into implications with the planning department in the city of Markham which has caused Margo to be placed on hold.

At this time I can only offer you the following alternative should you wish a more satisfactory solution; the builder would be willing to release you of your contractual obligation without penalties.

This alternative is not the plan of action we wish for you to take, however we understand how this has negatively impacted you and we value you as a client. I kindly ask for you to take your time on this decision as would like to fulfil our promise to you and restore the trust you once had for us as a builder.

As always, I remain at your disposal.

Kind Regards,

thumbnail

Aspen Ridge Homes

[IMG alt="Text

Description automatically generated"]https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/m...n&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3[/IMG]
29 Floral Parkway (Building B)
Concord, ON, L4K 5C5
E:margosales@aspenridgehomes.com
aspenridgehomes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I connected with them about the "additional benefits" it is a cash incentive on top of the interest rate that was given out, it looks like to avoid potential lawsuits so that they can save their reputation. Based on the email sent out I have 10 days to accept their offer. Private message me if you guys are interested in knowing more, I don't want to share this type of information on a public forum.

Why hasn't this been reported on CP24 or CBC or other mainstream news... Seems like a big story

What are those "additional benefits" Aspen Ridge is offering? Has anyone found out?

Thank you for your email, at this time I have been informed by head office that Aspen Ridge is fervently planning for a tentative construction start Summer of 2023, as previously mentioned we have run into implications with the planning department in the city of Markham which has caused Margo to be placed on hold.

At this time I can only offer you the following alternative should you wish a more satisfactory solution; the builder would be willing to release you of your contractual obligation without penalties.

This alternative is not the plan of action we wish for you to take, however we understand how this has negatively impacted you and we value you as a client. I kindly ask for you to take your time on this decision as would like to fulfil our promise to you and restore the trust you once had for us as a builder.

Kind Regards,

thumbnail
Aspen Ridge Homes
[IMG alt="Text

Description automatically generated"]https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/m...n&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3[/IMG]
Concord, ON, L4K 5C5
aspenridgehomes.com
Are the screenshots you sent recent correspondence? If so are they saying that they are waiting for the secondary review from City of Markham to get approved and potentially resell the project at a higher price? I'm kinda confused about the Summer 2023 tentative construction if they cancelled the project already.

I connected with them about the "additional benefits" it is a cash incentive on top of the interest rate that was given out, it looks like to avoid potential lawsuits so that they can save their reputation. Based on the email sent out I have 10 days to accept their offer. Private message me if you guys are interested in knowing more, I don't want to share this type of information on a public forum.
I have sent you a private message. Thx

Kind Regards,

thumbnail
Aspen Ridge Homes
[IMG alt="Text

Concord, ON, L4K 5C5
aspenridgehomes.com
What was the "additional benefits" they offered you? besides termination of contract lol?

Why hasn't this been reported on CP24 or CBC or other mainstream news... Seems like a big story

What are those "additional benefits" Aspen Ridge is offering? Has anyone found out?
Cash incentive offered in addition to the interest and the amount may vary on the deposit structure I guess. They offer this to save their reputation and to avoid any potential lawsuits.

Have people emailed for the additional benefits yet?

Anyone go to their lawyer before emailing them or is that pointless?

Back