Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
Icona Condos  
11 Interchange Way, Vaughan
Developer: Gupta Group

UNDEAD: Icona Condos | 174m | 55s | Gupta | IBI Group

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Reaction score
New project up in Vaughan Centre. replaces the existing Hilton Garden Inn at Highway 7 and Interchange Way. Looks like it integrates the hotel into a new complex of two towers, 47 and 44 floors by my counts.

I believe this is the tallest proposed yet in Vaughan Centre, the first to break the 40 floor mark. Might be over 150m by the looks of it.

3201-highway-7-w-condos-808x1030.jpg

Attachments

Consilium

Reaction score
I personally find it almost too tall for the area. However the podium looks acceptable.

sixrings

Reaction score
given theres a subway stop Im hoping 40 is the new norm for the area. Otherwise it's not really a city centre. Always thought this was the better location for Torontos 2nd NHL team.

Adjei

Reaction score
This Gupta Group builds some of the ugliest condos in the GTA.

Consilium

Reaction score
This Gupta Group builds some of the ugliest condos in the GTA.
Which of theirs is the worst? You can't call every single GTA condo "turd". This could be just a rezoning exercise, though, given it is extremely preliminary.

Adjei

Reaction score
Which of theirs is the worst? You can't call every single GTA condo "turd". This could be just a rezoning exercise, though, given it is extremely preliminary.
Go look on their website.

Waterloo_Guy

Reaction score
Vaughan Centre was never going to look like the renderings that the City published. I have high hopes for this area, but the market is the key factor that decides what, if anything, we get here.

maestro

Reaction score
I personally find it almost too tall for the area. However the podium looks acceptable.
The podium is awful. It's a lazy afterthought that separates one use from another; 2 storeys retail, 5 floors hotel setbacked and, residential towers. I rather see this as a beautifully landscaped tower in a park community. At least it would be authentic.

Consilium

Reaction score
The podium is awful. It's a lazy afterthought that separates one use from another; 2 storeys retail, 5 floors hotel setbacked and, residential towers. I rather see this as a tower in a park community.
Incorrect. Look at the design of it, as well, I was just showing my opinion.