News   Apr 15, 2024
 918     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 646     0 

U of Waterloo: Mathematics 3 (4s, Melloul Blamey)

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Do any of you Waterlonians know what this building is? It's like pulling teeth on the U of Waterloo's website to find out anything about new construction, and this one did not have any information on its fence to identify it. Searching at the builder's website produced nothing either, as they only profile completed projects.

UWatMystery1.jpg

UWatMystery2.jpg

Nope, this is being built much further north, just to the west of the General Services Complex, or GSC on that map.

Yup the new math building, which will be attached to the Davis Centre so all the Mathies don't have to go outside!

Thank you gentlefolk!

UWatMath3.jpg

I don't know if this is a design-build exercise by contractor Melloul-Blamey, or if they have other architects involved. If any of you know, please do tell!

Last edited:
No need for architects to make factories! This is the design, it was featured in the paper. It may just be LEED cert. I think UW passed something ensuring that all buildings are efficient, its Waterloo though so it will be impossible to find those documents.

Wow, it's a hell of a lot less exciting than the Davis Centre, that's for sure! I used to love the Davis Centre when I was a kid.

Back