617     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

U of T: Willcocks Common (DTAH)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Couldn't make up mind whether to put this here or in transportation, since it affects a road.

In this seasons's U of T magazine there is a rendering for a major overhaul/closure of Willcocks Street, which runs off of St. George, west towards Spadina, south of Harbord.

The rendering isn't all that clear, but I will add a scanned version anyway.

I can't discern if the design is 100% car-free but the rendering shows no cars and lots of people everywhere.

The caption says as follows:

This design, submitted by Paul Cravit and his team at CS&P won a U of T competition last spring to make the Huron/Willcocks intersection more pedestrian friendly.....

Outside the Lash Miller Building (south side of Willcocks), a new pond becomes and ice rink in winter. At Sidney Smith Hall, amphitheatre style steps connect the western deck to an enlarged cafe patio below.....

A new stage to be constructed outside the Earth Sciences Centre.

The University and The City are to begin discussion about the project this fall.

album.php

Much More Efficient

Thanks AoD.

I scanned it, it didn't turn out well.

Its in the album now... Let's see if I can add the link!

album.php

Maybe it's those So You Think You Can Dance Canada ads all over the place, but I'm getting this disturbing tendency to read "Lash Miller" as "Leah Miller"

An improvement, but they should really do something about the fenced-off wasted green space on the northwest corner just to the right of this picture bordering New College.

And the fact that the large "patios" of Sid Smith and McLennan Labs only have an entrance on one side partially explains why they're never used and merely a display of barren concrete.

Back