News   Mar 28, 2024
 69     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 218     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.2K     1 

U of T St. George Master Plan (2011)

Whoa lots of nuggets in this one, plus some cool overheads of each sector. Perhaps someone could pull them?

I'll save you time
p 167 of pdf
p 215 of pdf
p 283 of pdf
p 341 of pdf

I don't like the proposal to put a big tower behind the Spadina Crescent building.

Not an update to the plan per se, but U of T is looking at its real estate much more strategically:

University of Toronto’s Four Corners Strategy (2018) to be presented at Governing Council business board tomorrow for approval where it will then move to Planning and Budget Committee for information.
http://www.governingcouncil.lamp4.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/a1126-3i-2018-2019bb.pdf

Tidbits from 2007 plan (p4 of PDF)
UofT is one of biggest landowners in GTA.
As of 2011, St. George campus is short facility space the equivalent of four Robarts Libraries.
They are recommending creating a real estate advisory board.
Create a 25 year planning horizon for campuses.

Tidbits from 2018 report (p54 of PDF)
Goal to improve edges of campus to better integrate with city.
Plan to buy adjacent real estate to campus when available.
Plan to work more with city and community to meet their planning goals.
Generate more funds from existing assets.

Not an update to the plan per se, but U of T is looking at its real estate much more strategically:

University of Toronto’s Four Corners Strategy (2018) to be presented at Governing Council business board tomorrow for approval where it will then move to Planning and Budget Committee for information.
http://www.governingcouncil.lamp4.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/a1126-3i-2018-2019bb.pdf

Tidbits from 2007 plan (p4 of PDF)
UofT is one of biggest landowners in GTA.
As of 2011, St. George campus is short facility space the equivalent of four Robarts Libraries.
They are recommending creating a real estate advisory board.
Create a 25 year planning horizon for campuses.

Tidbits from 2018 report (p54 of PDF)
Goal to improve edges of campus to better integrate with city.
Plan to buy adjacent real estate to campus when available.
Plan to work more with city and community to meet their planning goals.
Generate more funds from existing assets.

Good find!

I was amused to see a couple of inaccuracies in spots. One map failed to show UT had acquired the former TDSB warehouse property on McCaul.

Looking at that also made me think the Orde/McCaul/Murray superblock is a logical place to extend campus.

Large Green P and private lots, few owners, grossly under utilized, institutional uses on one side allow greater height and fewer complaints.

Also would provide an opportunity to expand/improve the small park at Orde/McCaul as a benefit for residents/hospital employees/students.

Parking could shift underground, or hidden behind facades which academic uses above.

You might even squeeze one new residence on the McCaul side.

Does anyone know if UT has a similar, general thread for York U - Keele campus?

I was up there, for a bit last week.

I really felt like going on a rant about it! LOL

But I couldn't find a sensible spot to post it, and didn't want to start a thread for the purpose.

Good find!

I was amused to see a couple of inaccuracies in spots. One map failed to show UT had acquired the former TDSB warehouse property on McCaul.

The first half of the pdf is the 2007 report. That one doesn't include 90 Queen's Park purchase either, for example.

Interesting - the Innovation Centre would go right on top of the provincial firefighters' memorial. I suppose that would be moved, but that would be a big change to the intersection, which is nicely open on the north side.

Interesting - the Innovation Centre would go right on top of the provincial firefighters' memorial. I suppose that would be moved, but that would be a big change to the intersection, which is nicely open on the north side.
Looks like there’s still room for it, though the renders don’t show anything. Would be pretty simple to move it onto queens park if needed.

It appears to be east of the memorial:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 3.53.35 PM.png

Back