News   Apr 19, 2024
 484     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 830     3 

U of T "list"

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am continually stumbling across UofT projects such as, recently, Lorretto College redevelopment on St Mary Street, the student offices/cafeteria on Charles etc.
None of them are large but in aggregate they are intensifying the campus.
Would it make sense to put together something like the 400 list, but rather a list of all UofT projects & proposals?

I wish I could contribute, just dont know how.

bump?

You might want to check out the materials from the U of T governing council planning and budget subcommittee agenda/minutes from time to time - there are a few projects in the pipeline.

AoD

There's always a bunch of U of T projects going on. But they always get finished pretty quickly it seems to me.

This area might lend itself to a "sticky".

U of T has recently bought a big old house at 162 St. George Street, the next property to the south from the Bata Museum. The property has been owned and occupied for many years by the University Womens Club. As a private club, I suspect that they are in decline these days. Apparently they are still occupying the place, until they can find another location. In the longer run it's a redevelopment site.

This area might lend itself to a "sticky".

U of T has recently bought a big old house at 162 St. George Street, the next property to the south from the Bata Museum. The property has been owned and occupied for many years by the University Womens Club. As a private club, I suspect that they are in decline these days. Apparently they are still occupying the place, until they can find another location. In the longer run it's a redevelopment site.

I heard from someone that U of T also recently purchased the planetarium site, but I don't know how much faith to put into that. I think it's just a rumour floating around.

^^^^ U of T does have the Planetarium site, no rumour there; the only gossip is what the final project there will look like.

AoD was very on point with his Resources................

U of T once maintained a comprehensive list of their Capital Projects (link below) but hasn't updated in since 2006-07 or so

http://www.greatspaces.utoronto.ca/

What I am aware of at U of T

1) Robarts expasion (probably shovel this fall)

2) Loretto College site

3) Planetarium site (exact details still TBD)

4) Spadina Circle restoration

5) Willcocks public realms project (pedestrian space, construction 2011), currently in joint design with City of Toronto - Public Realm Unit

A few more......I have to look'em all up again!

Loads of stuff over at Scarborough Campus, including the new Aquatics facility for Pan Am

More coming.

Def. go through the pages AoD referenced, you'll see several more projects.

We do not want to add any more stickies: there are already enough at the top of the P&C page. All U of T threads currently start with "U of T", so how hard can it be to find them?

Thanks Interchange it was very well sorted alphabetically. I appreciate the help. Nothing on Loretto College though.

Back