Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Some of the parking ratio's in VMC are already getting quite low.. Transit City Phase 3 has a residential ratio of 1 space per 3 units. That's close to downtown levels.

Most developments are in the 0.7-1 space per unit range though. It's lower than many 905 developments, which are typically closer to 1.2-1.5.

Some of the parking ratio's in VMC are already getting quite low.. Transit City Phase 3 has a residential ratio of 1 space per 3 units. That's close to downtown levels.

Most developments are in the 0.7-1 space per unit range though. It's lower than many 905 developments, which are typically closer to 1.2-1.5.
But, Transit City's 2 large above ground parking garages are pretty offensive, american style.

Email from YorkU:

Capture.PNG

And now we’re about to witness how the introduction of rapid transit can increase travel times (in this case, for YU students). We shall see a similar effect with SSE and ECLRT.

Yes but whats the data? If rapid transit decreases travel times for 90% of users but increases for 3% (lets say 7% doesnt change) then I would consider that a success.

Not every solution will benefit all.

And now we’re about to witness how the introduction of rapid transit can increase travel times (in this case, for YU students). We shall see a similar effect with SSE and ECLRT.

I don't actually think it would increase travel times (the subway runs underground instead of mixed traffic). Transferring is always a hassle though, and now it would cost an extra $1.50.

I don't actually think it would increase travel times (the subway runs underground instead of mixed traffic). Transferring is always a hassle though, and now it would cost an extra $1.50.
In an ideal world that would be true but with the TTC and their incessant delays and operational issues, these riders will most likely face increased commute times.

If I was faced with the option of taking GO directly to my destination or taking GO 3/4 of the way and the TTC for the other 1/4, I would choose GO 9 times out of 10 solely because I know they are very reliable.

This shows the stupidity that is Highway 407 station. It’s not needed at all. All the GO/YRT buses that go there should have been redirected to Pioneer Village station with a private road from Jane/407, which would have made that 407 stop unnecessary and would have saved money, travel time and stupid 1-2 stop transfers. Alas, it is built and it’s here now so we have to live with this solution.

This shows the stupidity that is Highway 407 station. It’s not needed at all. All the GO/YRT buses that go there should have been redirected to Pioneer Village station with a private road from Jane/407, which would have made that 407 stop unnecessary and would have saved money, travel time and stupid 1-2 stop transfers. Alas, it is built and it’s here now so we have to live with this solution.

Pioneer Village station is too far from the 407. But what could have been done IMO was to build VMC station south of Highway 7, then put the GO bus terminal at the very south end of the station (Jane/Interchange Way). That would have involved much more expropriation though, and would probably not connect directly to a future transitway.

Pioneer Village is not that far from 407. There is room for a private road that could continue along hydro corridor for buses only to have buses pull off 407 st either Keele or Jane, go on the private road to drop people off st Pioneer village and then head back on. It would be maybe an extra minute of travel but would save many YorkU commuters a transfer and extra wait times as well as unnecessary costs of 407 station.

Pioneer Village is not that far from 407. There is room for a private road that could continue along hydro corridor for buses only to have buses pull off 407 st either Keele or Jane, go on the private road to drop people off st Pioneer village and then head back on. It would be maybe an extra minute of travel but would save many YorkU commuters a transfer and extra wait times as well as unnecessary costs of 407 station.
Not that far on a map, really far when you're sitting on the GO bus and it's not your stop.

Pioneer Village station is too far from the 407. But what could have been done IMO was to build VMC station south of Highway 7, then put the GO bus terminal at the very south end of the station (Jane/Interchange Way). That would have involved much more expropriation though, and would probably not connect directly to a future transitway.

Will the 407 station, as built, integrate seamlessly with the future 407 Transitway?

That means, buses running both ways along 407 able to service the 407 station without entering Jane St first, and able to avoid any traffic lights. If so, then the station makes some sense, saving time for through-running Transitway buses in the future.

Otherwise, the 407 station is a total waste, as a transit-only road to the Pioneer Village station wouldn't take more time than the Jane St exit / entry ramps.

Will the 407 station, as built, integrate seamlessly with the future 407 Transitway?

That means, buses running both ways along 407 able to service the 407 station without entering Jane St first, and able to avoid any traffic lights. If so, then the station makes some sense, saving time for through-running Transitway buses in the future.

Otherwise, the 407 station is a total waste, as a transit-only road to the Pioneer Village station wouldn't take more time than the Jane St exit / entry ramps.
Yes, there will be underground platforms at Highway 407 Station, opposite from the subway station fare gates entrance, for a seamless connection.

The thing I hope happens that will improve the accessibility of Highway 407 Station for buses is to add ramps from Highway 400 Northbound and Southbound to Jane Street. Currently, there is no way for buses to get to the bus terminal without getting off at Highway 7, Steeles, or Keele.

Station Plan:
Jane Station.png

Photo of Entrance:
IMG_2296.jpg

Ramps like this:
400-Jane Ramps.png

Last edited:

Back