Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

On the metrolinx website, it says they'll have the business case ready this year but there's only two months left. My question is what business case are they updating? where can I find the original business case?

One can hope that they can jump-start stuff like stations between Finch amd Clark Avenue, since that area shouldn't need changing. It could cut down construction time, but then again there might not be enough labour to go around...

When YN has been built, what will become of all the bus terminal at Finch?
I'd like to see it demolished if possible. The only services left by the time YNSE is open would be the 39 and the 36 as well as their express counterparts. The 42 and the 125 routes would be interlined and through-run past Cummer Station, the 53 and 60 routes would terminate at Steeles as well as their express counterparts. As for the YRT terminal, I assume that YRT services would terminate farther north (Steeles, Clark, and Richmond Hill) but I don't know if GO buses would remain at Finch or move to Sheppard-Yonge.

I'd like to see it demolished if possible. The only services left by the time YNSE is open would be the 39 and the 36 as well as their express counterparts. The 42 and the 125 routes would be interlined and through-run past Cummer Station, the 53 and 60 routes would terminate at Steeles as well as their express counterparts. As for the YRT terminal, I assume that YRT services would terminate farther north (Steeles, Clark, and Richmond Hill) but I don't know if GO buses would remain at Finch or move to Sheppard-Yonge.

Can it be built up? I know much of the terminal is in the hydro ROW.

That's the YRT/GO terminal, not the TTC terminal. The TTC bus terminal is south of the hydro ROW.

I know. However, once the line is extended, that area will become useless. Would the TTC build that up as their bus terminal and then sell the existing one to be redeveloped?

I know. However, once the line is extended, that area will become useless. Would the TTC build that up as their bus terminal and then sell the existing one to be redeveloped?
I think it would probably be better to turn the GO/YRT terminal into park space and replace a bunch of the parking with park space while we're at it.
The transfer between the subway and the GO/YRT terminal is far worse than the transfer to the existing TTC terminal, and also Hydro would no doubt fight against any sort of enclosed bus terminal under their wires, so it would be almost impossible to get a proper enclosed bus terminal where the current GO/YRT terminal is.
That said, the existing TTC bus terminal will probably be larger than needed after the subway is extended, given that most of the TTC routes using the terminal would no longer serve it. I imagine half of it could get demolished and redeveloped, or maybe a developer builds over the whole thing and builds a smaller bus terminal replacement inside, like CIBC Square or York Mills.

I think it would probably be better to turn the GO/YRT terminal into park space and replace a bunch of the parking with park space while we're at it.
The transfer between the subway and the GO/YRT terminal is far worse than the transfer to the existing TTC terminal, and also Hydro would no doubt fight against any sort of enclosed bus terminal under their wires, so it would be almost impossible to get a proper enclosed bus terminal where the current GO/YRT terminal is.
That said, the existing TTC bus terminal will probably be larger than needed after the subway is extended, given that most of the TTC routes using the terminal would no longer serve it. I imagine half of it could get demolished and redeveloped, or maybe a developer builds over the whole thing and builds a smaller bus terminal replacement inside, like CIBC Square or York Mills.

The following is a list from Wikipedia of the TTC bus routes that currently stop there.

36AFinch WestWestbound to Finch West station
36BWestbound to Humberwood Boulevard via Finch West station
39AFinch EastEastbound to Neilson Road
39BEastbound to Old Finch Avenue and Morningview Trail
39CEastbound to Victoria Park Avenue and Gordon Baker Road
(Rush hour service)
42ACummerEastbound to Middlefield Road and Dynamic Drive
42CEastbound to Victoria Park Avenue
(Rush hour service)
53ASteeles EastEastbound to Staines Road
53BEastbound to Markham Road
60ASteeles WestWestbound to Pioneer Village station
60BWestbound to Martin Grove Road via Pioneer Village station
60DWestbound to Highway 27 via Pioneer Village station
97FYongeNorthbound to Steeles Avenue and southbound to Davisville station
(Transfer to southbound buses at stops on the street outside the station)
125DrewryWestbound to Bathurst Street (Torresdale)
939AFinch ExpressEastbound to Scarborough Centre station
939BWestbound to Finch West station
939CEastbound to Morningside Heights
(Rush hour service)
953ASteeles East ExpressEastbound to Staines Road
(Rush hour service)
953BEastbound to Markham Road
(Rush hour service)
960Steeles West ExpressWestbound to Pioneer Village station
(Rush hour service)
320YongeBlue Night service; Northbound to Steeles Avenue and southbound to Queens Quay
(Transfer to buses at stops on the street outside the station)
336Finch WestBlue Night service; Westbound to Woodbine Race Track via Humber College
339Finch EastBlue Night service; Eastbound to Markham Road

Here is my thoughts.53x, 60x, 953xx and 960 would all stop going to the station. That leaves 36x, 39x, 42x, 97F, 125, 939x, 320, 336, and 339.. Some of these may get new routing and also not stop at Finch anymore. I would suspect that YRT/VIVA would no longer service Finch as well. Some GO routes likely would be gone too. It begs the question as to the need for such a large bus facility. It also begs the question about the need for so much commuter parking.

I could see as part of the construction of YN, Finch Station getting a revamp. This revamp could include a new bus terminal for the TTC located at the current GO/YRT terminal. The footprint could be the same size or smaller than the existing GO/YRT terminal. For GO operations, if it stays, it could be moved over to the kiss and ride area. This could maintain the fare zone situation. Then, the old TTC bus station could be sold for redevelopment. The old parking areas could see a reduction as well, however, it could keep the access to Willowdale Ave

Back