Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

This makes me curious if average citizens can run ridership computations. Or does that take a supercomputer weeks/months. Also I guess they need to know the parameters to feed into it, which is more of a planning issue.
It is the fundamental flaw of the implementation of Presto with the TTC. They know how many people are getting on and off at station but not how they are travelling. This is because there is no requirement to tap off, and metro pass users seldom tap at transfers points or at all (personal observation) on streetcars. If it was a tap on / tap off system, travel patterns could be determined allowing for better data driven decisions. with out those metrics proper route planning is not as accurate as it should be. Just my observation.

This makes me curious if average citizens can run ridership computations. Or does that take a supercomputer weeks/months. Also I guess they need to know the parameters to feed into it, which is more of a planning issue.

Automated Passenger Counting (APC) Systems: How Do They Work?

See link.

APC systems are electronic machines that count the number of passengers that board and disembark at every bus stop. They, together with AVL systems, form the two most important technologies that every transit system should have. In systems that have them, they replace the schedule checkers that previously collected ridership information manually...

Question: is there any reason why the train storage at the end of the YSE has to be underground? Seems like a huge waste of money. Why don’t we just make a portal just north of High Tech Rd and just stick two or three tracks in the empty space west of the railway inside the railway ROW? Doing this would also make an at-grade extension following the rail corridor much easier.

Question: is there any reason why the train storage at the end of the YSE has to be underground? Seems like a huge waste of money. Why don’t we just make a portal just north of High Tech Rd and just stick two or three tracks in the empty space west of the railway inside the railway ROW? Doing this would also make an at-grade extension following the rail corridor much easier.

1. They store buses in garages, to keep them warm in winter.
2. They store subway trains in the underground tailtracks to keep them warm in winter. Last night's -20°C is one reason why.

CN is not likely to want to part with any portion of their corridor. As it is, there are pushes to install a third main through that stretch - and that would already limit to what could be done with a surface-level subway facility.

Dan

Interesting they still have the Royal Orchard stop on the map. I thought they decided not to add that station.

The video is produced by York Region, who I think still want this stop.

I'm hoping the agreement will be helpful when the feds start handing out infrastructure cash.

The video is produced by York Region, who I think still want this stop.

I'm hoping the agreement will be helpful when the feds start handing out infrastructure cash.

Also isn't there speculation mentioned here the Drewry/Cummer stop could be dropped?

Back