Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

While I agree with you, there are some York Region planning docs that already show "potential subway extensions" north from the NYSE, and even some that show a completed loop to turn line 1 into a circular belt line. Nothing concrete however, for now.
I believe the York Region Transportation Master Plan includes extending both the Yonge and Spadina lines to Major Mackenzie. In my opinion this is basically a joke for a few reasons.

While I agree with you, there are some York Region planning docs that already show "potential subway extensions" north from the NYSE, and even some that show a completed loop to turn line 1 into a circular belt line. Nothing concrete however, for now.
The way this province operates they’ll extend the Line 1 to the folks in Barrie before building DRL.

I would not mind that, but it will not happen when I still need to commute.
as someone who used to live in scarborough near woodside square mall i say why not. We should connect all major malls by transit. That should be our number one goal. Maybe a finch lrt to get me from woodside mall to bridlewood mall too.

Hey, remember the subway to Markham?

With a station next to the film studio?

From link.

$100M film studio to be built in Markham

With more Hollywood producers bringing their projects north, a 400,000 square foot, world class film studio is set to be built in Markham to help house even more productions. Tina Yazdani reports.

not sure if you are sarcastic or not, but this one is dead
Damn I was looking for Leaf tickets yesterday and realized I could not afford them. Also it would make a great motivator for a subway extension. Maybe Markham could go for a NFL team beside its mall instead.

It's the line you love to hate - still alive and kicking, every now and then... :)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/yonge-subway-extension-1.4842375

Wonder if they'll change their tune with RER on the Richmond Hill GO Line? From link.

RER_Richmond_Hill_EN-573x539.jpg

They'll then demand all-day and all-week service on the Richmond GO.

Back