News   Feb 26, 2021
 513     0 
News   Feb 26, 2021
 1.1K     0 
News   Feb 26, 2021
 2K     7 

TTC: Yonge North Subway Extension (Finch-Richmond Hill) (Unfunded/Planned)

Rainforest

Member Bio
Reaction score
Chiming in late, from what I recall reading, there is an island bus loop planned for Cummer/Drewry for both routes to service west of Yonge. So, I think they may remain separate... likely interline, with some exceptions due to the differences in ridership. But yes, anything for Finch to access would be by subway or Yonge bus at that point.

Plus the Finch buses or Finch LRT.

Btw, Drewry bus route is very short, only about 3 km each way from Yonge & Drewry. Full interlining will be OK, even if the demand on the Drewry section is a bit lower than east of Yonge.

11th

Member Bio
Reaction score

Btw, Drewry bus route is very short, only about 3 km each way from Yonge & Drewry. Full interlining will be OK, even if the demand on the Drewry section is a bit lower than east of Yonge.
They can also stagger route branches: Bathurst to Kennedy, Yonge to Middlefield.
(I know the Yonge to Kennedy branch no longer exists)

TDE

Member Bio
Reaction score

I would surmise only during the rush, every other or third bus will be turned back if full separation is the course. Off-peak can and should work itself out in the scheduling/frequency detail, where a few minutes' adjustment could be a thing, here and there, to standardize the interlining.

They can also stagger route branches: Bathurst to Kennedy, Yonge to Middlefield.
(I know the Yonge to Kennedy branch no longer exists)
Probably the Victoria Park/Gordon Baker branch would be the closest for this idea, but it's a ghost town out there outside of work hours (sans-COVID). But definitely could see that instead for the peak periods.

Last edited:

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score