News   Mar 05, 2021
 158     0 
News   Mar 04, 2021
 2.7K     7 
News   Mar 04, 2021
 995     0 

TTC: Yonge North Subway Extension (Finch-Richmond Hill) (Unfunded/Planned)

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
HT @Haydenpoon. In the Closed Season for the September meeting.

20200904_190053.jpg

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
HT @Haydenpoon. In the Closed Season for the September meeting.

View attachment 267842
Coincidentally enough, I also asked when the IBC was to be released. Here's what they had to say.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. The Yonge North Subway Extension (YNSE) IBC is currently in the development process, and we expect it to be released later this calendar (2020) year. Unfortunately I cannot confirm the specific month or day at this moment, as there are several factors at play."

toronto647

Member Bio
Reaction score
Coincidentally enough, I also asked when the IBC was to be released. Here's what they had to say.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. The Yonge North Subway Extension (YNSE) IBC is currently in the development process, and we expect it to be released later this calendar (2020) year. Unfortunately I cannot confirm the specific month or day at this moment, as there are several factors at play."

Here is an old IBC from 2009 for reference. http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regiona...ts_Case-Yonge_North_Subway_Extension_2009.pdf

I am sure it will be released by thanksgiving or soon after that. Ford will give a speech in Markham to celebrate (nothing wrong in doing so)

CaskoChan

Member Bio
Reaction score
On the metrolinx website, it says they'll have the business case ready this year but there's only two months left. My question is what business case are they updating? where can I find the original business case?

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

north-of-anything

Member Bio
Reaction score
One can hope that they can jump-start stuff like stations between Finch amd Clark Avenue, since that area shouldn't need changing. It could cut down construction time, but then again there might not be enough labour to go around...

Coolstar

Member Bio
Reaction score
When YN has been built, what will become of all the bus terminal at Finch?
I'd like to see it demolished if possible. The only services left by the time YNSE is open would be the 39 and the 36 as well as their express counterparts. The 42 and the 125 routes would be interlined and through-run past Cummer Station, the 53 and 60 routes would terminate at Steeles as well as their express counterparts. As for the YRT terminal, I assume that YRT services would terminate farther north (Steeles, Clark, and Richmond Hill) but I don't know if GO buses would remain at Finch or move to Sheppard-Yonge.

micheal_can

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'd like to see it demolished if possible. The only services left by the time YNSE is open would be the 39 and the 36 as well as their express counterparts. The 42 and the 125 routes would be interlined and through-run past Cummer Station, the 53 and 60 routes would terminate at Steeles as well as their express counterparts. As for the YRT terminal, I assume that YRT services would terminate farther north (Steeles, Clark, and Richmond Hill) but I don't know if GO buses would remain at Finch or move to Sheppard-Yonge.

Can it be built up? I know much of the terminal is in the hydro ROW.