Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

And what to do with all that Finch station bus space that will no longer be needed.
Only two TTC bus routes will move (without the additional of Cummer station). 53 and 60, as well as 953 and 960, will go to Steeles station. 36, 39, 42, 97, 125 and 939 should still go to finch station. I guess that is still a good 30% - 40% decrease in buses however. Maybe they can renovate and redesign the bus terminal. Would've been nice if Cummer station was created to route the 42 and 125 buses there.

I don't think anyone actually knows what the post-subway bus routing will look like yet though, yeah, you can take an educated guess. I doubt they can redevelop the site of the Finch terminal or anything so I expect it will stay and just be a lot less crowded.

Also, not a huge deal but in relation to the posts about early works at Finch, it's chewing up some of the parking spaces for a while:

1677507653197.png

They should issue a separate RFQ for Royal Orchard station just for how insanely deep it will be.

Anyone else remember when the province said we shouldn't tunnel under rivers or have deep stations.

They should issue a separate RFQ for Royal Orchard station just for how insanely deep it will be.

Anyone else remember when the province said we shouldn't tunnel under rivers or have deep stations.
... what does that have anything to do with RFQs?

The Qualifications in RFQ refers to the Qualifications of the various private companies that are planning to bid in the RFP, not to verify the validity of a project.

... what does that have anything to do with RFQs?

The Qualifications in RFQ refers to the Qualifications of the various private companies that are planning to bid in the RFP, not to verify the validity of a project.

yes ty, was tongue in cheek. Was going to jest more about the depth, like how South African gold mining companies could qualify. Figured it would go over people's heads.

From the provincial budget

View attachment 464457
Is Cummer station now part of the plans?
I sure hope so. It would be nice for the 125 Drewry and 42 Cummer buses to go to Cummer station instead of Finch station. Saves some time and there is a lot of condo development going on in that immediate area right now as well.

I think this might be the staging area for the early work on the line at Finch Station.

IMG_4683.JPG

Hendon will be disrupted at Finch due to the work at Finch Station. Temporary street lights have been installed at Hendon and Talbot and a new entrance to the Finch lot has been created at Talbot. Both are supposed to help with the traffic in the area I think. Or this might be for the Beecroft Road extension.

I think this might be the staging area for the early work on the line at Finch Station.

View attachment 465496

Hendon will be disrupted at Finch due to the work at Finch Station. Temporary street lights have been installed at Hendon and Talbot and a new entrance to the Finch lot has been created at Talbot. Both are supposed to help with the traffic in the area I think. Or this might be for the Beecroft Road extension.
It doesn't say when the road will be closed

Apologies if this has been answered previously, but when will we expect to hear the final station names? I assume "High Tech" and "Bridge" aren't going to be the actual station names.

Apologies if this has been answered previously, but when will we expect to hear the final station names? I assume "High Tech" and "Bridge" aren't going to be the actual station names.
I was hoping that High Tech would be the name, and then the winning design aesthetic chosen would be First Period Colonial.

I assume Bridge will become Langstaff to match with Langstaff GO Station, and Hight Tech imo should be Richmond Hill Centre since that's an established naming convention on the subway network.

I was hoping that High Tech would be the name, and then the winning design aesthetic chosen would be First Period Colonial.
First Period Colonial sounds like something from Battlestar Galactica!

I assume Bridge will become Langstaff to match with Langstaff GO Station, and Hight Tech imo should be Richmond Hill Centre since that's an established naming convention on the subway network.
Though having two Richmond Hill stations in Richmond Hill seems unfortunate. Hmm, does that also leave us with two Langstaff stations?

Back