Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

the only way i see viva blue being cut south of rhc would be if significant fare integration has been implemented. I have yet to see anything of that sort so i doubt that will happen. they can just run fewer buses south of rhc

Good point, I didn't think about it. YRT will have an issue with making its riders pay twice while traveling entirely within York Region.

But even then, more frequent local service between RHC and Steeles will make more sense than continuing to run the express (Viva). Express is good for large volumes, so 50 or 70 people on the bus do not have to wait for 1 or 2 persons who need to board or exit at a local stop. Once the volume drops (most of Viva riders will transfer to the subway at RHC), running both express and local becomes inefficient.

When Line 2 (Bloor-Danforth) was extended into Etobicoke (Islington) and Scarborough (Warden), it was in Zone 1. Buses that served Islington, Royal York, Old Mill, Jane, Victoria Park, and Warden were Zone 2, and passengers had to pay another fare (Zone 2) to transfer. That lasted until 1973 (1970 was the last year fare revenue met TTC operating expenses). How long will York Region continue to pay an additional fare before demands that fare integration is also met?

From link.
04-18-71-front.png

From link.
twozoneticketback.jpg

Last edited:
Ask not what Metrolinx can do for you, but what you can do for Metrolinx.

"We choose to go underground to Richmond Hill. We choose to go underground to Richmond Hill in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy but because they are hard...
And, right, also because we don't care about property values of a few houses in Royal Orchard."

Last edited:
"We choose to go underground to Richmond Hill. We choose to go underground to Richmond Hill in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy but because it they are hard...
And, right, also because we don't care about property values of a few houses in Royal Orchard."
"Ich bin ein Richmond Hiller!"

Back