A few comments:
- The new route seems excessively curvey, which is going to reduce train speeds. I'm not sure why they don't go diagonally towards the rail corridor/407 intersection from after Royal Orchard.
- It's almost as though the amount of tunneling they save by not going north on Yonge is replaced by distance spent tunneling east to the rail corridor
- There's less than 400 meters between "High Tech" and "Bridge", when they are planning a ~4000 m gap between "Bridge" and "Clark" (assuming Royal Orchard gets dropped.) Maybe moving "High Tech" north to Bantry (halfway between Highway 7 and 16th avenue) would even out the stop spacing and better bookend Richmond Hill Centre (with a side benefit of getting rid of the ridiculous "High Tech" station name.)
- I like the better integration between GO and TTC, but there is at most only ~150 meters difference in transfer distance between the different alignment options. I can think of other GO-TTC transfers that merit improved connections that don't require re-aligning subway line plans.
- Having done the hard work of getting at-grade, I think the cost benefit ratio would look better if they continued north to 16th avenue/Hillcrest mall. But I understand they are working within a budget envelope that has already resulted in stations being cut.