Richmond Hill Yonge Line 1 North Subway Extension | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

If that can scale to daily, then it's about 3,800 for Clark and 9,100 for Cummer. This would make Clark the second-most unused subway station (ignoring the SRT). Cummer however would exceed Rosedale by about 50% and would rank somewhere between Bayview and High Park.

One big change is that Viva recently added a planned route along Centre Street, Clark and Yonge. That would drive a lot of ridership from the existing and planned developments on Centre Street to Clark, which becomes its terminus.

One big change is that Viva recently added a planned route along Centre Street, Clark and Yonge. That would drive a lot of ridership from the existing and planned developments on Centre Street to Clark, which becomes its terminus.
That's not really the case because the Viva Rapidway turns off Centre St at Bathurst St toward Highway 7 to RHC. It's more likely that people from Centre, Dufferin, etc would take Viva Orange (or Purple if it doesn't reroute) rather than walk across Centre or Clark to get to the subway, especially if they're already on the bus.

I don't know about that. I'm in the Yonge and Cummer area frequently, and that area is reasonably busy all hours of the day. There are a lot of nearby apartment buildings and the stores in the area get quite a bit of traffic. I don't think ridership would be extraordinarily high, but it should be average for stations outside the downtown area.

Plus the nearby strip malls are ripe for redevelopment, and I'm sure we'd see condos replace them if there were a subway station there.

Yeah, the 42 bus won't feed into Finch any more and there are already major devlopment proposals in the area, including the old car dealership just to the north and for the very substantial Newtonbrook Plaza. The strip malls are mostly junk, crying out for redevelopment. Just a matter of time. It won't be huge but I suspect it will be kind of like a Lawrence Station kind of thing.

but I've been informed, by a credible source, it's not coming for around 2 decades so by then who's to say what the population and transportation patterns in the GTA will be. Could be instead of moving out to Barrie, people are opting for one of the new Martian colonies...

That's not really the case because the Viva Rapidway turns off Centre St at Bathurst St toward Highway 7 to RHC.

Yes. Viva is planning on running two routes there. One will follow the rapidway north to Highway 7 and RHC. The other will travel south along New Westminster, then east along Clark and south along Yonge to the Finch Terminal.

Yes. Viva is planning on running two routes there. One will follow the rapidway north to Highway 7 and RHC. The other will travel south along New Westminster, then east along Clark and south along Yonge to the Finch Terminal.
I know that YRT/Viva plan to have Viva Orange have 2 branches, one that goes to Richmond Hill Centre and one to Finch Station. But this probably will no longer be the case when the YNSE is open. I feel like only the RHC branch will stay running.

I know that YRT/Viva plan to have Viva Orange have 2 branches, one that goes to Richmond Hill Centre and one to Finch Station. But this probably will no longer be the case when the YNSE is open. I feel like only the RHC branch will stay running.

I don't know, if someone is at Promenade and wants to get to a southern station on the Yonge line, if they can take Viva up to RHC and take the subway all the way down vs taking viva to something like Steeles, that's a significant amount of distance/time saved.

I did mean Cobra! :) :) Hey, Cobra....same as above!

Joke all you want. Richmond Hill isn't having a subway for almost 2 decades. So play nice, be a team player and wait in line
I have to side with Cobra on this one right here. The 905 is the reason why Toronto has no tolls after all.

Rosedale bad? Or Bessarian bad?
I don't know about that. I'm in the Yonge and Cummer area frequently, and that area is reasonably busy all hours of the day. There are a lot of nearby apartment buildings and the stores in the area get quite a bit of traffic. I don't think ridership would be extraordinarily high, but it should be average for stations outside the downtown area.

Plus the nearby strip malls are ripe for redevelopment, and I'm sure we'd see condos replace them if there were a subway station there.
Bessarion bad for Clark at least. Look at Museum station and compare it to the other downtown stations. This thing will be a ghost town outside of rush hour.

Is that so? Contrarily to Montreal Metro where it is provincially subsidized and the suburbs actually pay their fair share of the operating costs (all of the surrounding 450 area pay), Toronto gets nothing but the fares. TTC is solely subsidized by its citizens. I just don't understand how you justify telling those same citizens who have terrible service and no rapid transit that their taxes will go to provide premium services to a city outside Toronto's jurisdiction before their own area.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I believe it should be GO Transit because it was created for that purpose (Heavily financed through Toronto taxpayers, you're welcome). TTC mandate is within it's city limits FIRST AND FOREMOST!

If a subway is to go beyond city limits again, as a Toronto taxpayer I expect
  • That areas in need of Rapid transit be covered 1st
  • That York Region their fair share of the O&M costs
  • If GO RER can't happen, Relief Line makes more sense than Yonge
Could not have said it better

That's not true, at all. Thanks to Toronto's convoluted and regressive tax system, most residents in Toronto are actually subsidized by businesses - where both residents and non-residents contribute to the sky-high property tax rates - an.
So you are saying the majority of these businesses are by non-residents? This I do not believe

Is that so? Contrarily to Montreal Metro where it is provincially subsidized and the suburbs actually pay their fair share of the operating costs (all of the surrounding 450 area pay), Toronto gets nothing but the fares. TTC is solely subsidized by its citizens. I just don't understand how you justify telling those same citizens who have terrible service and no rapid transit that their taxes will go to provide premium services to a city outside Toronto's jurisdiction before their own area.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I believe it should be GO Transit because it was created for that purpose (Heavily financed through Toronto taxpayers, you're welcome). TTC mandate is within it's city limits FIRST AND FOREMOST!

If a subway is to go beyond city limits again, as a Toronto taxpayer I expect
  • That areas in need of Rapid transit be covered 1st
  • That York Region their fair share of the O&M costs
  • If GO RER can't happen, Relief Line makes more sense than Yonge

Could not have said it better
And maybe if go transit had done it's job and expanded years ago, we would not be in a transit crisis right now. The non lakeshore lines should have had off peak service years ago.
So you are saying the majority of these businesses are by non-residents? This I do not believe
It's kind of true Palma.

I just find the whole argument from a couple pages ago that Toronto should be left off to fund it's own projects without provincial help asinine.

Are we forgetting that this city finances the whole province? And that Queen's Park doesn't spend a fraction of the money that we Toronto residents give them through our taxes? That the Province specifically does not allow us to raise our own revenues from sales taxes or from tolls, heavily dehabiliting our ability to self-finance projects? That unlike anywhere else in this province we are facing massive infrastructure and community housing deficits? That on top of all that, the TTC is practically self-funded from Toronto residents with no provincial subsidies?

Toronto is given an incredibly poor hand. This city is as entitled if not more so than any other municipality to ask Queen's Park for our own money back to finance our transit projects.

Back