News   Mar 28, 2024
 67     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

When the H-4's are scrapped they will be sent to a scrap yard in Hamilton, just like the H-4's that they kept in storage for the possibility of the Olympics coming here. Also, the TR's will not see revenue service until atleast 5 -6 trainsets are here (march - april). Those who think that the H series cars are loud obviously never had the pleasure of riding in the Gloucester (sp?) series cars with their loud squeals and flickering lights. And yes when we first saw the T-1's they were shiny and futuristic looking too.... but time marches on and everything that is shiny becomes dull.

Actually the most silent and smooth train I've ever been on is an H4. Since they don't have much acceleration/deacceleration noise, they can be every quiet when you get one that doesn't have brake squeal noise.

The next trainset has arrived. According to a TTC driver on cptdb the first trainset has been returned to Bombardier to have some issues fixed. The second trainset is considered a second prototype.

That should say that the trainset is in the process of arriving... I passed by the Bombardier plant today, and 5401 (a cab car) was on top of a trailer ready to be moved.

That should say that the trainset is in the process of arriving... I passed by the Bombardier plant today, and 5401 (a cab car) was on top of a trailer ready to be moved.
My aplogies.. I saw picture of 5403 at Wilson and assumed the whole trainset had arrived.

Apparently one was running on the Yonge-University line tonight, and in revenue service!

So after the first one was sent back to Bombardier, the second one went from still having a piece in Thunder Bay to being in revenue service in one day, with no testing, news report or big public announcement from a mayor who promised to bring subways, subways and only subways?

That's impressive.

P.S. I've got a bridge to sell you.

Apparently one was running on the Yonge-University line tonight, and in revenue service!

Considering there are issues with doors and the propulsion system and only being able to do about 15-20 Km/h I doubt it very much. There are parts falling off from the under carriage and all in all it has only traveled no more then 150 Km of testing. These trains have serious issues and you will not see them in service before April/May or even later.

ooih... did you see it?

I saw it. It was amazing. They had 60 inch plasma displays, they were handing out free cocktails...they even let me drive for a few stops! Then Liz Hurley (from 1997) blew me, I was pronounced King of Toronto, and I rocketed into the sky with my solid gold jetpack.

I saw it. It was amazing. They had 60 inch plasma displays, they were handing out free cocktails...they even let me drive for a few stops! Then Liz Hurley (from 1997) blew me, I was pronounced King of Toronto, and I rocketed into the sky with my solid gold jetpack.

I was there as well and can say with 100% certainty that he didn't drive at all.

The train was being controlled remotely by dinosaurs.

I was there as well and can say with 100% certainty that he didn't drive at all.

The train was being controlled remotely by dinosaurs.

I was also there at night, but the problem is that the train is full of gravy. I wonder how people would get in?

Anything is possible but I don't see it.

When the Rockets are combined with the TTC’s new computerized signaling system by 2015, it will be possible to run trains every 90 seconds at rush hour, compared with about two minutes now.

Now that's funny lol

Back