News   Apr 19, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 920     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Question

So where and how are these cars being delivered? Will they be transported by rail from Thunder Bay or by truck? What yard would they go to?

Popped by the Thunder Bay Bombardier plant today, saw a 3 car set of the TR trains. They had TTC livery on them and were cars 5391 (front cab), 5392, and 5393. The driver cab in the front looked incomplete as it looked greasy and unpolished especially compared to the rest of the car. The LED 'roll sign' was being tested and was cycling through each station name. 5393 had plexiglass covering the open gangway and I could easily see the interior. I will try for photos tomorrow or over the next few days.

Popped by the Thunder Bay Bombardier plant today, saw a 3 car set of the TR trains. They had TTC livery on them and were cars 5391 (front cab), 5392, and 5393. The driver cab in the front looked incomplete as it looked greasy and unpolished especially compared to the rest of the car. The LED 'roll sign' was being tested and was cycling through each station name. 5393 had plexiglass covering the open gangway and I could easily see the interior. I will try for photos tomorrow or over the next few days.

Thanks Ando...!!!:)

Will post more photos later with info later... enjoy for now.
attachment.php

Last edited:
The cabin extends the width of the car. At the back of the train at least, the guard could be on either side, depending which side the doors are on.

I was able to talk to one of the employees while I was taking the photos, he said the test track is only able to have 3 cars on it due to the short length, and the other half of this particular train was currently inside the building and is going to be tested next week. He mentioned that this train is to be delivered by Thanksgiving, and also mentioned that they were moving the train later in the afternoon but I was unable to stick around for that. They had all the doors open on the 3 car set, and had all the lcd tv/led route panels.

LED Route panel (slightly edited to brighten). (Car 5392)
attachment.php

View of interior & Open LCD TV panel (Car 5392)
attachment.php

Open End of Car 5393
attachment.php

I was able to talk to one of the employees while I was taking the photos, he said the test track is only able to have 3 cars on it due to the short length, and the other half of this particular train was currently inside the building and is going to be tested next week. He mentioned that this train is to be delivered by Thanksgiving, and also mentioned that they were moving the train later in the afternoon but I was unable to stick around for that. They had all the doors open on the 3 car set, and had all the lcd tv/led route panels.

hey Ando thanks for the pics... is there a light on top of the middle windows on NON-cab cars and are those 2 bars of metal at the end of the train like the ones found on our fleet right now

like the ones found on the t1 in this photo

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/subway-5505-19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't they use an LCD screen to display the lighted subway map instead of an LED screen? (Sort of like the railways in Tokyo). Then they can display more information and they wouldn't have to be replaced when the Vaughan subway extension opens.

Back